OMG...IM LUCKY!!!!

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Darrell

OMG...IM LUCKY!!!!

Post by Darrell »

MY MECHANIC IS NOT GONNA CHARGE ME ANYTHING FOR TUNING THOSE MONSTER WEBERS!!! it couldve been a 600 bucks bill ,but he said:" this is bs... we've been working on this car for too long, wasting every one's time, our senser broke(aircare), im gonna charge u for the parts only...sounds fair? "

how could i ever thank him!
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

here are the carbs

too much carb for the engine.... it's a bitch to tune
Attachments
engine3.jpg
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

They are not that if you fully understand them, and have a good selection of jets and emultion tubes. Without the latter, your absolutely lost, and you will never be able to take advantage of the absolute adjustability of these carbs. Come out to a meeting some time, I'll explain. You are in the lower mainland right?
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

yea. well, smaller jets have been installed to them. it's not really the carb giving me problem...it's the cam. the car go nuts after 3000 RPM but it has no power no torque below that (it had difficalty reving up from 1500-3000 but very strong after that), that means the cam is pretty agrussive

those webers are not hard to tune, they ARE still carbuators , but they are hard to tune to match the cam so that i'd pass air care
wtf

Post by wtf »

Shadbolt 44.5 Cam! Haha.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

dude, a 2L with any carb or cam is hard to pass. any performance additions only make it worse!

and it could be the cam timing making it have the power band that high...but that way it uses the full capabilities of the carbs - high end horsepower - their mission in life.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
68Datsun510

Post by 68Datsun510 »

would dual dcoe40's with an isky cam be considered "too much" for an L16? should i go single dcoe for the sake of driveability?
Sacramento Datsun Owners
~Visit Sacramento Datsun Owners on Facebook!
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

I wouldn't use a single...it wouldn't be anymore drivable, and they tend to lean out #1 & 4 cylinders - they are just a bad idea/design.
I guess it would be slightyl easier to tune, you only have to get the two equal instead of the four...
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.