Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Meh too complicated XD.
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
wtf

Post by wtf »

No no, I am using the naps-z tranny. It's just so the throttle body clears the hood I need to lower the pass side of the engine. And since it's not sitting stock anymore the shifter is leaning more and more to the passenger side. I dunno how you got the engine to sit so low but mine just won't. The one side of the oil pan is sooo tight to the crossmember, I can't get my finger in there, whereas the other side has an inch or two on it.

I'm using a ZX cut driveshaft on the naps-z tranny, luckily they're the same size so I didn't have to get one cut, woo. I've moved the shifter back and I was also smart enough to move the brake line out of the way first, WOO!

Byron, By any chance are you selling your "lightend" hood? (The cross bar one) Cause if so I don't have to deal with any of this, heh.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Eh Tobe, give me a call about the hood. But don't you think you want to get it right first. I fabbed at least one, if not both mounts. I can't remember what oil pan I used, but I think it was the 1600 unit. I definately fabbed a mount for one side though. Call me, I'll get into more detail.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
THE_BORG

Post by THE_BORG »

the sway bar rubs one the oil pan a bit.......real tight
72 2 door
69 4 door/rust...sold
85 Corolla GTS.....pending repair