Supporter

Re: What did you do on your 510 today?

Post by jason »

I drove my 'goon today :twisted: !
Jason
iceD

Post by iceD »

I drove my tudor to Jason's house, and bought a part from Byron.

ice D 8)
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Sorry to miss you Derek, I was at work :( !
Jason
iceD

Post by iceD »

That's OK. I like your collection.

ice D 8)
jesusno2

Post by jesusno2 »

I finished up por 15 ing my floor boards today. Got my h4 headlights installed and started prepping the inside for paint that matches the rest of the car! That was all I got done this weekend.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Thanks Derek, need to get to work soon I think! Winter's coming ....
Jason
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

Changed the diff in the Green Machine - trying to sort out loud drivetrain racket.

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I played the Wreckin Man today. I hate brining 510's to the end of their life, but this one is proving to be a real donor car - which is a good thing. So far, not including tonight’s post, it's parts are already going into 7 different peoples cars. It'll likely be over 12 to 15 cars by the time the dust settles; a GOOD thing. The motor will be in my brother car in a few weeks, trans going to Tycot, IceD got one tiny trim piece, Jason will no doubt get quite a bit of trim stuff, Ash510 got the wiper linkage, dp61 – the trunk lid is in really goor shape, and I even removed the hinges for you! Give mne a call; the rear package tray shelf will likely find a temporary home in the back window of Ole Blue… I know I missed something here – and then there are tonights requests!
Got the motor pulled, interior out (except the head liner - Peter was working on that for me and gave it a good head start though (Thanks Pete and it was good to see you drop by!), Dash got safely removed, doors and all trim off. Removed the rad support (I love my Makita saws all!), gas tank out - the shell is looking pretty bare, I wished I'd taken a photo today, but I will next time I'm out at the car. Next time I’m out there I’ll have all the suspension and the rest of the wiring harness out.
Best part of the day was how it ended. A guy dropped in driving a 60's Renault Gordini, names Paul. Supper nice guy. He just saw me working on a 510 and just stopped to chew the fat. I wished I wasn't already late for getting home (my wife must be so used to this by now, but it's still not right). Turns out this guy is a real Webber guru, and as I was talking to him I realized that McShagger had told me about this guy years ago. I hope I cross paths with him again as I never got any contact info other than his name was Paul! Next time I hope I'm in one of my own 510's but it was a cool chat just the same.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Geeze, I missed Paul too :( ! I have Paul's contact information if you need Byron, he's a super nice guy and has some amazingly nice stuff in his shop in Vancouver!
Jason
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I drove the bluebird to work today, seems to be ok with the fuse problem....I will drive up to UpGarage when I get off work, I saw a set of helper springs that might fit the rear, trying to fix that rattling spring back there....I hope they are the right size....they were only 30.00 for the pair. I will also see if I can get a set of front springs that are a little softer...want to try something out....there were bunch there...just not sure of the rate and size.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Byron I think the 510 guys stole the idea of this thread from the truck guys over there. I think for me it will be "What did you do on A 510 today?" since a lot of the cars I work on aren't mine :D

Today I stopped buy a work buddies house (not Carter) to help him get his wagon running. He was selling to another guy at work (not Carter) and they wanted my help. When I got there I had him pick up some new plugs, while I checked wiring to the coil, firing order, compression and cleaned the cap and rotor with my trusty pocket knife. The number 4 cylinder was a little low on compression but I figured it was because they started working on it at 9 and I didn't show up until noon so the cylinders have had there share of fuel :D Messing with the dizzy timing the new plugs and bypassing the ballast resistor made all the difference. The L20 fired up nicely. Then I was off to fix some of the other problems, the car won't shut off with key problem, fixing the wiring so you don't have to touch 2 wires together to get the car to crank and a few other minor details.

I kinda miss grinding off rust :D
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
dislexicdime

Post by dislexicdime »

Me and my girl drove my 71 today then i went to phills and helped him work on his

L series only have one header!

i need another garage mine is full of part's
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

I took my heater control panel to a guy I know with a CNC to find out about getting a new one cut out of some kind of clear/translucent plastic to make a new custom illuminated panel. I hate how it's not lit.

Then I had a new key cut. It works great in the ignition but when I went to lock the door it turned and then got very stuck. I honestly did not think I would get it to turn back to center to release the key, but eventually I worked it and got the key out if the door.
John Thiessen
72 Wagon
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

if you get the heater control figured out, tell him to make two, I want one!!
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Dimebag wrote:I took my heater control panel to a guy I know with a CNC to find out about getting a new one cut out of some kind of clear/translucent plastic to make a new custom illuminated panel. I hate how it's not lit.

Then I had a new key cut. It works great in the ignition but when I went to lock the door it turned and then got very stuck. I honestly did not think I would get it to turn back to center to release the key, but eventually I worked it and got the key out if the door.

IIRC, the 73 heater control is illuminated. Seems like an easy fix. I have one somewhere. I need to di it out and look. My memory isn't what it used to be :shock:
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage