WIPERS will not PARK???

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
TerryHackman
Supporter

WIPERS will not PARK???

Post by TerryHackman » 11 Jul 2010 20:33

I installed the wipers today on my wagon but the wipers do not park themselves at the bottom of the windshield. They stop anywhere in the cycle when I turn them off. Is it in the switch or the wiper assembly that is not working properly?

okayfine
Supporter

Re: WIPERS will not PARK???

Post by okayfine » 11 Jul 2010 20:54

There's an adjustment. The 1/2" tall, 1.5" diameter cylinder thingy on the "top" of your wiper motor. Loosen the two screws and turn it until the wipers park where you want 'em.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

heirfaus

Post by heirfaus » 11 Jul 2010 21:44

okayfine wrote:There's an adjustment. The 1/2" tall, 1.5" diameter cylinder thingy on the "top" of your wiper motor. Loosen the two screws and turn it until the wipers park where you want 'em.
I think he means the don't park at all, not that they park too high.
"An intercooler...has never been, nor should ever be, considered icing on the cake. A proper intercooler is more cake."
Corky Bell, Maximum Boost

"one of the little things that add up"
-defdes

Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 » 11 Jul 2010 22:24

Original post says they stop wherever they are in the sweep when he turns the switch off.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 12 Jul 2010 07:23

If the adjustment is off enough, they won't stop, 'cause they'll miss/avoid the stopping part of the cap completely.

Another good reason for the FSM.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

TerryHackman
Supporter

Post by TerryHackman » 13 Jul 2010 22:13

Thanks for the input but I was not able to get them to work... I ended up putting in a spare that works and all is well.