Motion to disable Okayfine's "Quote" icon

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
indy510

Motion to disable Okayfine's "Quote" icon

Post by indy510 » 08 Dec 2010 13:47

This thread sucks!!!!
Last edited by indy510 on 10 Dec 2010 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

qwik510
Supporter

Re: Motion to disable Okayfine's "Quote" icon

Post by qwik510 » 08 Dec 2010 15:48

Indy,

Why do you continue to find it necessary to cause trouble?

Julian is probably one of the top contributing members of the 510 community. His dedication to the preservation of these fine cars far outweighs what you feel are over opinion-ed statements. He adds so much value to the 510 community. He is the editor of the Dime Quarterly. He has produced a CD full of useful 510 information. He has so much knowledge of so many different areas of the 510.

He is a valuable asset and even though I may not agree with everything he posts, he is always trying to be helpful and offers useful, pertinent information. He is one of the first to reply to new members, welcoming them to the forum and pointing them to useful information that will save them time and money on their 510 projects. Most of the time, the adverse comments he replies with are only due to the fact that the other person makes untrue or misinformed statements and then they initiate a pissing match to try and justify why they are right after Julian tried to show them the correct info. Only then does Julian respond to show them the err of their ways. He does seem to relish in his ability to masterfully prove his side of it, but in his defense, he is usually right and the other people really don't want to hear that they are not right or that their car is not worth the money they want for it or whatever the topic happens to be.

I have been a member of the 510 community for over 25 years. I do my share to contribute. I am the event organizer and coordinator of the East Coast Datsun 510 meet. I have a website set up to share info about the events on the east coast. I have had many parts reproduced so the community can have access to them. I sell parts and often give away parts to help keep other 510s on the road. I help find cars for people that want them and I help whenever I can.

I have a great deal of respect for Julian and his knowledge and Contributions. He gives freely of his time and knowledge and his main goal is to help people and preserve the Datsun 510.

Before you go bashing him, take a look at how you contribute to the 510community and how much you help to preserve these fine cars. Can you let us know how you contribute?

Just Saying,
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 08 Dec 2010 15:54

Wahahahahahahahahaha
indy510 wrote:.
I think the time has come to disable Okayfine's multiple quote function....
Let me think about that no.
even if it's only in the Classified section .........
No
indy510 wrote:.... .. it would make the forum more appealing,

No
indy510 wrote:.and easier to read
No. It would though, be less interesting to read. I look forward to noobs having their anus ripped. (I think he ripped me once and a win, I think I would have remembered) All I can say is that you'd better be right in what you write. Over all okayfine probably reduces forum clutter.
Last edited by datzenmike on 08 Dec 2010 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

sr20ve510

Post by sr20ve510 » 08 Dec 2010 16:00

qwik510 wrote:Indy,

Why do you continue to find it necessary to cause trouble?

Julian is probably one of the top contributing members of the 510 community. His dedication to the preservation of these fine cars far outweighs what you feel are over opinion-ed statements. He adds so much value to the 510 community. He is the editor of the Dime Quarterly. He has produced a CD full of useful 510 information. He has so much knowledge of so many different areas of the 510.

He is a valuable asset and even though I may not agree with everything he posts, he is always trying to be helpful and offers useful, pertinent information. He is one of the first to reply to new members, welcoming them to the forum and pointing them to useful information that will save them time and money on their 510 projects. Most of the time, the adverse comments he replies with are only due to the fact that the other person makes untrue or misinformed statements and then they initiate a pissing match to try and justify why they are right after Julian tried to show them the correct info. Only then does Julian respond to show them the err of their ways. He does seem to relish in his ability to masterfully prove his side of it, but in his defense, he is usually right and the other people really don't want to hear that they are not right or that their car is not worth the money they want for it or whatever the topic happens to be.

I have been a member of the 510 community for over 25 years. I do my share to contribute. I am the event organizer and coordinator of the East Coast Datsun 510 meet. I have a website set up to share info about the events on the east coast. I have had many parts reproduced so the community can have access to them. I sell parts and often give away parts to help keep other 510s on the road. I help find cars for people that want them and I help whenever I can.

I have a great deal of respect for Julian and his knowledge and Contributions. He gives freely of his time and knowledge and his main goal is to help people and preserve the Datsun 510.

Before you go bashing him, take a look at how you contribute to the 510community and how much you help to preserve these fine cars. Can you let us know how you contribute?

Just Saying,
Yes he's the man. He knows a lot of stuff but he's still not a nice guy on this forum.
1972 SR EFI 510 sedan, 1973 SR Carb'd 1200 sedan

qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 » 08 Dec 2010 16:11

sr20ve510 wrote: Yes he's the man. He knows a lot of stuff but he's still not a nice guy on this forum.

Army Drill Sargent's are not nice but they sure teach their recruits valuable info. Julian can be brash in how he says some things but we should all have thicker skin then to let "words hurt you". Come on, lets be grown ups here.

Nobody is booting Julian or limiting his ability to contribute here.

Can we get back to 510s now?
Last edited by qwik510 on 09 Dec 2010 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 08 Dec 2010 16:11

sr20ve510 wrote: Yes he's the man. He knows a lot of stuff but he's still not a nice guy on this forum.
True he isn't but...
qwik510 wrote:Indy,
Most of the time, the adverse comments he replies with are only due to the fact that the other person makes untrue or misinformed statements and then they initiate a pissing match to try and justify why they are right after Julian tried to show them the correct info. Only then does Julian respond to show them the err of their ways. He does seem to relish in his ability to masterfully prove his side of it, but in his defense, he is usually right and the other people really don't want to hear that they are not right or that their car is not worth the money they want for it or whatever the topic happens to be.

Just Saying,
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s » 08 Dec 2010 17:02

If he detects interest, passion, hard work, thoughtfulness, discipline; he, like the rest of us, projects respect,
if he detects thoughtlessness, sloth, money-grubbing, ass-holiness, lack of respect, thin skin; he is straight about it.
He gets excited sometimes but it is mostly frustration.
Let me tell you, in terms of shit give and take it is a least even if not a little against Okayfine, no other member takes as much heat for whatever reason, and gracefully.
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal

510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak » 08 Dec 2010 18:10

Myself I find "multi" quotes annoying in any forum post :lol:
I would rather read a post with only one quote. :wink:
Not bashing anyone, jmo :wink:

tycot1
Supporter

Post by tycot1 » 08 Dec 2010 22:19

without julians direct and truthful manner i think we would all be wasting a lot of time reading new comers ignorance and crap. he does nothing less than help keep the clutter down, i dont like the foundation of this thread.
http://bigtimemotors.ca 1972 datsun 510 220 hp ka "couped", 1971 510 westwood champ gt4 '81& "83, 1979 550 hp trans am, 1962 cadillac hrdtp, 2005 subaru sti, 1999 triumph daytona 955i.

nelsone

Post by nelsone » 08 Dec 2010 23:27

Okayfine uses multiple quotes to dissect an argument piece by piece ... and, his thoughts are always well reasoned. Whether you agree with him or not you always knows where he stands. Actually, his comments have caused me to consider even after I thought I had made up my mind on things. I like great minds no matter how arrogant people think they are. Today, arrogance used to be called excellence. But, with today's public schools who know's. There must be some european tendencies working here as Americans typically have thicker skin.
Nelson

icehouse

Post by icehouse » 09 Dec 2010 00:08

Keep down the clutter? There is so few posts....

It's good he states what he thinks is right, even though he is wrong sometimes. If he wasn't he wouldn't be human.

Well indy, we always have ratsun :) Which has it's interesting members as well haha
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

freekwonder

Post by freekwonder » 09 Dec 2010 05:52

qwik510 wrote:

Army Drill Sargent's are not nice but they sure teach their recruits valuable info. Julian can be brash in how he says some things but we should all have thicker skin then to let "words hurt you". Come on, lets be grown ups here.

Nobody is booting Julian or limiting his ability to contribute here.

Can we get back to 510s now?
Seeing the quality of the soldiers I have seen in the past 10+ years, I would beg to differ. :mrgreen:

510-Trevor
Supporter

Post by 510-Trevor » 09 Dec 2010 09:13

The following are my thoughts on how the Classified section should be run. I feel that these rules, or something similar would go a long way to reducing some of the 'Drama' that seems to continue to show up in this section. I don't want to censor anyone, but I do feel that better etiquette is required within the classifieds.

First, the Classifieds is not a section intended for sharing opinions or thoughts. Its not a place to discuss a persons skill as a photographer or critique their salesmanship skills or attack their character.
If you see an ad that you think is misleading or fraudulent, contact a moderator and let him investigate.
If you have a question about an item, PM the OP. If the OP is smart, they will ad the info to the ad.
If you want to make an offer, PM the OP.
If you see an ad posted that you think can be better, PM the OP and enlighten them. If you still feel the need to humiliate the OP, start a new thread in the appropriate area of the Forum and go at it.

These are just my ideas, feel free to discuss.
1972 Yellow 4dr

indy510

Post by indy510 » 09 Dec 2010 12:57

nvrmind
Last edited by indy510 on 10 Dec 2010 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes » 09 Dec 2010 13:16

-- When I try to sell my 710 wagon for too cheap ........ ...
Way too cheap?...send me a PM. :)