Post Pics Of Your RARE datsun Parts

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Post Pics Of Your RARE datsun Parts

Post by okayfine »

I have a '69 JDM brochure and it shows something I haven't seen before. No, not the ashtray :mrgreen:
69 AC.jpg
69 AC.jpg (129.35 KiB) Viewed 4509 times
Don't know if it is A/C and the picture is too fuzzy, even in the brochure, to read. Looks like is says "COOL" "WARM" "OFF" and "A/C", but I can't even tell for sure.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
iceD

Post by iceD »

NIB windshield

ice D
Attachments
P3060002.JPG
P3060002.JPG (123.97 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
P3060001.JPG
P3060001.JPG (158.04 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
andrew.lori
Supporter

Post by andrew.lori »

I wonder if there is enough NOS stuff out there to Build a 510 ???
:)
1966 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A
1970 Datsun 510 KA24DE
1973 Toyota Celica
1972 Triumph GT6 SCCA Vintage Race Car
1974 Mazda RX3 former IMSA race car
sssr20det510

Post by sssr20det510 »

I figured you guys would have more stuff lets see the diff grills, tail lights NOS goodies come on post up some pics
spriso

Post by spriso »

8)
Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports
www.spriso.com
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

sssr20det510 wrote:I figured you guys would have more stuff lets see the diff grills, tail lights
Most of that stuff isn't actually RARE, though. Just uncommon here in the States. Via photos from www.datsun510.net, the later grills and taillight treatments are just Joe Average.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

andrew.lori wrote:And can you define a "pile"
Hmmm....define pile......

Well, James and I laid out the parts on the floor, and we figured then that we had about 3/4 or more of the outside periphery of a 2dr 510 in NOS panels, basically I'd be missing your dr's side 1/4 and a dr’s side door - otherwise I'd be all the way around a 510. I don't mean to tease here, but it's a very good collection, and there are many rather larger inner panels as well, front and rear. I will post photos later this spring, when the Memorial Car heads off for paint and I have the space to spread them all out and properly document the bits - finally. I do intend to put much of this on the market, as it’s become obvoious that the collection is more than obviously necessary. And even thought building a 510 out of new panels seems like a pretty neet idea in theory, I now don’t intend to try. We did get all of the panels safely on the shelving (without James’s help, it would have been an imposable task – thanks James) in my work shop last year - a step closer and the first time most of the collection came together in one spot. And that alone was a bit mind boggling!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
andrew.lori
Supporter

Post by andrew.lori »

Byron510 wrote:
andrew.lori wrote:And can you define a "pile"
Hmmm....define pile......

Well, James and I laid out the parts on the floor, and we figured then that we had about 3/4 or more of the outside periphery of a 2dr 510 in NOS panels, basically I'd be missing your dr's side 1/4 and a dr’s side door - otherwise I'd be all the way around a 510. I don't mean to tease here, but it's a very good collection, and there are many rather larger inner panels as well, front and rear. I will post photos later this spring, when the Memorial Car heads off for paint and I have the space to spread them all out and properly document the bits - finally. I do intend to put much of this on the market, as it’s become obvoious that the collection is more than obviously necessary. And even thought building a 510 out of new panels seems like a pretty neet idea in theory, I now don’t intend to try. We did get all of the panels safely on the shelving (without James’s help, it would have been an imposable task – thanks James) in my work shop last year - a step closer and the first time most of the collection came together in one spot. And that alone was a bit mind boggling!

Byron
Byron
Let me know when your ready to market the Right Rear . Its the missing piece for my Spare car .
tks Andrew
1966 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A
1970 Datsun 510 KA24DE
1973 Toyota Celica
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

It took me a while to find the pics but here are a few of the NOS parts I have that I would consider rare:

NOS door for a 2 door. This was installed on a car in 1985 and never driven. It sat in a carport in Tenn. for over 25 years until I got it. It does have a few scuffs and some surface rust but it is NOS and still has the factory primer.

These are a pair of NOS inner rear quarters for a sedan. This part joins to the outer quarter and makes up the edge of the trunk floor

NOS pair of inner fender wells and doglegs

NOS rear Lower Valance

NOS Tail Light Panel

2 NOS front Valances and an NOS Rocker panel.

I have other stuff but can't locate the pics right now

Nice to know some of us are hoarding this stuff away. Sorry but I am not ready to part with any of it unless you make me a Crazy High Offer I just can't refuse.

Oh yeah, I guess this one is pretty rare too.

Pete Brock's 510. This one will take a Ridiculously High Offer to get me to part with it.

Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
TerryHackman
Supporter

Post by TerryHackman »

Wagon drip rail chrome
Attachments
stuff 080.jpg
stuff 080.jpg (122.75 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
stuff 081.jpg
stuff 081.jpg (121.82 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

....SO if I were to get Mr. Brock himself to sit in my coupe, would that make it worth more??? What if he actually drove it??? and if he actually once owned it???(which he never did own my coupe), I'm just curious of the impact and price difference, I'm looking for options here!! lol.....but it would still take a ridiculous amount of money for me to part with it.....either way!

.....the "not so rare" JDM "Showa yon-jyu-go" 1600SSS coupe....with plenty of rare parts installed, no longer NOS!!! ......does that make them not so rare anymore?? I just want to be honest....it's late, snowing outside and I'm bored!!
Attachments
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG (146.97 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

One thing I love so much about your car Rich is the colour - damn it looks good! There are lots of nice paint jobs out there, but not all colours match the 510 so well. Yours just looks sweet. Can't wait to see it back on your home soil again.
I guess it's a bit like my brothers car, which is the same colour as one of the 68's I had - it just fits. I can't wait to see the stock colour on the memorial car, same deal - it just fits the cars.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
TerryHackman
Supporter

Post by TerryHackman »

Forgot about NOS front windshield seal.
Attachments
510 Wagon 007.jpg
510 Wagon 007.jpg (140.42 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
510 Wagon 006.jpg
510 Wagon 006.jpg (156.21 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
andrew.lori
Supporter

Post by andrew.lori »

I have one of those to ... :)
1966 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A
1970 Datsun 510 KA24DE
1973 Toyota Celica
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

I forgot about all of my NOS seals and rubber parts too. I don't have any pics but I might have to dig them out and post some.

Rarest of them is probably the quarter window seals.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage