Who are you ? ROLE CALL

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
dattojoe

Post by dattojoe »

Name: Joe Coverdell

I have two 510's, one is an orange four door that is my daily driver. I it bought two years ago, and the other one is a two door it is my project car that I plan on putting a ka24 or and sr20 into within the next year or so. I also am starting on a lotus 7 clone using the running gear from a datsun 1200. I go to school full time at C.C.C. majoring in welding trying to focus mainly on tig. I spend most of my free time fixing something that’s broken on my cars which seems to happen alot, or doing bodywork my cars. my four door currently has the custom "beat with a sack of nickels" styling that I am trying to get rid of.
goichi

Post by goichi »

Name: Rich Roberts
I am married with no kids, I have a 1970 JDM 2 door coupe 1600SSS, currently restoring/modding with an SR20DET, trying to do all this and deploy all over the world, mainly Afghanistan. This is one of only two 510's I have owned, both were bought while I lived in Japan. This is the second car I have tried to restore or mod, I did a 65 vw years ago, nothing special but gained a little experience. I do mostly everything myself, all my fab work and mods.

Thanks for all the advice so far, the Realm is a great place to go for "training" and I love it! thanks!
TranzAm

Post by TranzAm »

name: Travis
loc: Santa Rosa Ca.

Rides: 1972 2 door 510 /stock 1.6 liter/ 4 speed/ 4:11 dumped.
1971 2 door 510 / stock 1.6 liter/ automatic (selling)
1969 GMC Short wide bed /built 350sb/ 4 speed m21/ 3:42 posi/
1980 Trans Am / no motor yet (428)/ 4speed M21/ 3:42 posi/(being restored)

Hobies: the fam, working on cars, driving my cars, & music
Aussie510

Re: Who are you ? ROLE CALL

Post by Aussie510 »

Name: Jason

Location: Canberra AUSTRALIA (the bloody big island near the bottom of the world).

Been interested in 510's: 23 years (first road registered car I owned)

Vehicles: Currently rebuilding two 4 door P510's (we call them Datsun 1600's in OZ).

Vehicle 1. 71 4 door, purchased recently for the sum of $150.00 AUD minus engine/gearbox and bonnet (fortunately the spares pile will help here!). Plans for this vehicle is to do a restoration (clean up) and get it road registered, hopefully in the next couple of months. Mods will be fairly basic and the car is going to be a daily driver and test mule for the race car.

Vehicle 2. 71 4 door (surprise). Car is currently stripped to a bare shell and is sitting on a rotisserie in my garage. So far I have seam welded about 80% and replaced the drivers side rear quarter panel. Future plans include a fully adjustable rear crossmember, 4 wheel disk brakes, multi point roll cage, adjustable everything front suspension, fibreglass panels where possible, and a yet to be decided on drivetrain. The SR20 turbo motor out of a Nissan Silvia is very popular in Australia and this may be a possible powerplant.

I'm also (along with an associate who is a 1600 enthusiast) assisting him to restore 2 510's (yes American 2 door imports) he has recently purchased from another Australian who imported them from the States some years ago.

Hopefully i'll be able to share a lot of information and glean some from like minded enthusiasts.

Cheers
madcitykid

Post by madcitykid »

Hey guys, my name is mike I'm 20 from madison wisconsin. Right now i have a 03 civic si that i autocross and attend time attack events. I plan this summer of the next to buy a 510 and make it a street legal track car. I joined this forum to get all the info and help i can, and to find a project car. i know way to much about hondas and classic American muscle cars but not so much about Nissans. I enjoy racing my car on the track, i feel like its in my blood and the idea of racing a classic 510 really gets to me, i can't wait!!!
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

There's a 4 door in MI for sale here.
I missed my first race of the season today, gotta get this FJ project out of the way before I get back to my race car.
I highly reccomend the vintage racing it's a blast.
bwillow4.jpg
That Triumph spun right in front of me, as Maxwell Smart would say ..."missed him by that much."
I am stopped waiting to pull out.
madcitykid

Post by madcitykid »

defdes wrote:There's a 4 door in MI for sale here.
I missed my first race of the season today, gotta get this FJ project out of the way before I get back to my race car.
I highly reccomend the vintage racing it's a blast.
bwillow4.jpg
That Triumph spun right in front of me, as Maxwell Smart would say ..."missed him by that much."
I am stopped waiting to pull out.
I saw that one, i don't have the money yet but I'm sort of planning my attack with this car. How much money i want to spend, if i want to just get a rolling chassis or an entire car, what motor to swap into it. Like i said i know a lot about Hondas so i was thinking about a honda motor. I also want to see if i can fit some sort of V8 in there, so a lot going on in my mind right now but i can't wait.
poopypants

Post by poopypants »

poopypants
30..love these cars...dont own one (yet)...reading and lurking...dont see any of these in baltimore md
traitorjacknif

Post by traitorjacknif »

Name: Dustin
Local: New Port Richey, FL
Occ: Shipper
Car(s): 1971 2 dr 510, 2001 Acura Integra, 2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
orezzero

Post by orezzero »

Name: Einar Borg
Local: Hafnarfjörður, ICELAND (the islenad in the midel of the Atlantic)
Occ: Welder / mashinict / metal fabricator / CNC opirator
Car(s): 2005 VW Polo / geting a VW Tauran
THECHRISTIAN

Post by THECHRISTIAN »

My name is Jason, My wife Alanna and I live in Gresham, Oregon.
I have owned my 72 510 for about 7 months now and love it. I wish I had a pic for you all. Its fairly basic. L18 dogleg 5speed. I do indeed plan on a SR20DET here in the future. Then agian doesnt everyone. Its fairly straight and it has Nismo seats and I am currently working on door panels for it.
I am 31 years old.
I work for the State of Oregon. I have been married for almost a year now.
I am blessed with a wife that has just as strong if not more passion for the BlueBird/510 as I do.
So, Who has some cool door panel ideas/pics?
God Bless all of you<><
TomTomTuning

Post by TomTomTuning »

Name: Tom Janz
Home town: NYC
Interests: Photography, Cars, Music

Cars:
92 Nissan 240sx with Skyline RB25DET + S13 Silva Aero Frontend
04 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII with 2.3L stroker

Hoping to sell the Evo, pick up a cheap Daily driver and a 510 coupe.

fryanbacon

Post by fryanbacon »

Name: Bryan Bacon
Local: Southern Idaho, USA
Occ: youth pastor/radio production
Intrests: Love, God, Murder(Jesus') Datsuns, Vespas, Guns

1971 510 2 door..... smurf blue, undergoing an S14 SR20DET swap with a garrett disco potato(how fitting for a boy in Idaho) and tons of Greddy parts
1972 Datsun 521 Pickup with a built L18 (currently the truck is my ratty, daily)
I also own a parts vehicle for each of them.
71pl510SanDiego

Post by 71pl510SanDiego »

osmar martinez live in sunny san diego california im 27 and i am a volkswagen master technician
cars, i have a 1971 datsun 510 2 door( project) and i have a 1999 volkswagen jetta(commuter).
Last edited by 71pl510SanDiego on 11 Oct 2012 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
comply
Supporter

Post by comply »

Name: Sean Vohs
Local: Colorado/Utah, USA
Occ: n/a at the moment
Intrests: Racing sims, driving, datsuns, FPS, cycling

1971 510 4 door Orange/white BREish scheme. L16 w/single Weber 40 DCOE&cannon mani. Rebuilding front end with 280zx bits and pieces. Hopefully adding a L20b to the car soon.