Who are you ? ROLE CALL

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
tnt59

Re: Who are you ? ROLE CALL

Post by tnt59 »

Tyler, 19

Nanaimo BC, Canada

buying a dime this weekend, 72' 4dr bone stock except a pink and black paint job.... soon to have a different paintjob and big rebuild kit, lowering, rims/tires and tint
Clearalbino

Post by Clearalbino »

Derek, 20
Arizona

Just picked up a PL510 last week, going to be used for a daily.

Currently drive this
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

tnt59 wrote:Tyler, 19

Nanaimo BC, Canada

buying a dime this weekend, 72' 4dr bone stock except a pink and black paint job.... soon to have a different paintjob and big rebuild kit, lowering, rims/tires and tint
good. now i won't be tempted to buy Owen's car (assuming there is only one black 510 with pink!).
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
GrandmaSideways

Post by GrandmaSideways »

Name: Brett
Locale: North Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia.
Occ: Sales.
Intrests: Just about anything with wheels. Cars, motorcycles, mountain bikes. I am a pretty advanced mountain biker, and advanced skiier (albeit both recreational).

I own a 1989 Volvo 240. Was turbocharged, for a bit. Now it's on a slow steady march to be put back to stock. Not sure what's next, though I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a datsun 510 Pickup or Wagon. :shock:
Doaner

Post by Doaner »

Name: Dylan
Locale: Southern California
Occ: Aerospace
Intrests: Datsuns, roadsters and motorcycles. Currently still a student and hopefully will be attending art center for Graphic Design.

Now on my search for a 510 4dr while my s2k sits in the garage.

Aneabus

Post by Aneabus »

Name: Kyle
Locale: Phoenix
Intrests: Cars in general (definitely my 510 though), motorcycles, just about anything having an engine haha, and computers.
L24 510

Post by L24 510 »

Name: Scott
Local: Los Angeles CA
Interest:restoring and tinkering on classic cars.

I am currently a student and just bought a 1972 510 to put together before september. I have experience working on cars, my first engine rebuild was a 406 V8 i put in a 57 chevy. I bought my 510 because I wanted one for a few years now. It needs some work but thats what I love to do. It has no engine but that should be coming it is a L20b bored to a L22. Closed chamber peanut head, long tube custom headers. The transmission and carbs are siting in the trunk. I need a new passenger rear quarter panel, rust/rot invaded the lip. I just removed some ugly side skirts and found a disaster underneath. Im beginning to think Im in way over my head. :shock: Next step is to repaint the front suspension and engine compartment. Its completely stock in side and in really good condition. I need gauges and was wondering if a 5 inch multi gauge would fit in the idiot light area?
Its coming along for only having it two weeks. If you check out my other posts you can see my rocker panel problem.

Thats it for now but ill keep posting my progress.
72 2 Door with L20. Collecting parts for LZ22 Turbo!
FIVETEN

Post by FIVETEN »

Name: Aaron Fitzpatrick
Occ: Signwriter

I have a few Datsun's, have owned most of them from an early age just love the shape and the overall feel. Attached is two of my 510's the orange one took me 5 years to build and the purple one is a long process with me not having much money to spend on it. they are both sr turbo's the purple one has a full manualized automatic. i'll post up some pics of both in the Dime section..

Thanks
www.fitzpatrickspeedworks.com
FIVETEN - 1969 datsun 510 orange - 415rwhp@15.2psi
YLD.510 1969 datsun 510 purple
Nissan_51X

Post by Nissan_51X »

Deleted. Reposted.
Last edited by Nissan_51X on 30 May 2009 23:11, edited 2 times in total.
FlyingO

Post by FlyingO »

Gene Oppliger, Springfield Oregon.
72 510 two door, L20 w/SUs and mild cam, dogleg 5spd, Suspension Techniques springs and sway bars front and rear, 81 200SX front struts cut down 3 inches, Scirocco radiator (great upgrade), electronic ignition w/Mallory box, urethane sußpension bushings, battery in the trunk, Honda Prelude seats, and the best find of all in a boneyard was 4 15in Epsilon wheels w/center caps. Ther is more but I will leave it at that.
I was lucky enough to find this car in Prineville Oregon on a used car lot, absolutley no rust! I thought it had ablown head gasket but the manifold gasket was leaking and the engine was fine. I was able sell the L16 and recoup part of the money I paid for the car. I already had the built L20 in my garage from another 510 that my son had totalled which I then installed in the new car.
I did all of the work on the car myself except for a new windsheild and a new headliner. The original color was orange and I repainted it Vermillion, which is a Ford pickup color.
My love affair with Datsuns goes back to 1960 when I was in the Army stationed on Okinawa and saw how sturdy these cars were which were being used for taxis. My first Datsun was a 1962 Blubird 4dr which I bought when I was stationed in Hawaii. I got out of the Army and went back to college and my new wife and I bought a 1600 roadster which we drove until I went to work for Nissan in 1970. I was a district manager with Nissan until 1983.
That was a little long winded but thats the way us old guys get sometimes.
Attachments
Genes 510 fun.
Genes 510 fun.
dscn0894jpg
vintageracer
Supporter

Post by vintageracer »

Nice to see some one over the age of puberty doing 510's. (This is not a dig, boys! We old people need support!) I like what you have done to this '72. I live in Salem and I am just about ready to start putting my '72 tudor back together. I thought about putting a 3.5 or a L20b in the car but decided to use the original engine. Not many of these 510's around with the original engine still running and in the car. My 510 will be stock with an front spook and swaybars. I even have stock hub caps and the original wheels. It is very dificult to find "stock" pieces for the 510's. I hope to pick up a heat shield for my CI exhaust manifold at Canby. That is the last piece I have been looking for. I thought I would have the car completed by now but it is still sitting at the painters on the rotisserie. (10 months!) He should finish it within the next couple of weeks so it will be there next year.

I like your color and the old the "old school" look.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Name: Patrick Morris

I picked up a 72' Datsun 510 2 door in January. I have wanted one for about 2 years and i've just never been able to find one around here. I'm in the process of having flares put on the rear and then I'm going to look into getting the flares for the front. I'll probably drive it around like it is for a while, until I get can the money saved up to put an SR20 in it. The car needs a lot of work I must say. I had a 1986 ford mustang SVO for a while and got tired of it and bought a 1986 300zx turbo. I had it for about a year and had put a stupidly big turbo on it, the fuel upgrades and all that and it was making around 275hp but I sold it to buy the 510 :D I've got a 2002 toyota tacoma for a daily driver and sometimes i'll drive my moms 2005 mini cooper S when she'll let me. I've put a 15% smaller supercharger pully and an intake on that along with coilovers all the way around. It's fun to take up through the mountains and mess with the 4.6 mustangs and all the ricers around here in it. I'm a slave to Morris Refrigeration, owned by my dad and that keeps me busy as hell most all the time. I fly fish whenever possible, i'm pretty sure thats what I was put on earth to do.
sik_s13

Post by sik_s13 »

Name: Abe

Loved datsuns since I was a kid and ran into a chance to pick one up last week, went and saw it then bought it. It's for my girlfriend, but she doesnt have her license yet so its mine to toy with. Its a 72 1600 SSS 4 door. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

I used to drive this:
1992 Nissan Silvia

laszlo

Post by laszlo »

my name is laszlo (the butcher) komzak i live in winnipeg manitoba

I have a shitty job litterally. me and my buddy opened up our own sewer and water company and named it A-TEAM excavations.

I just bought my first 71 2 door 510 what a rush. i have stripped it down to nothing and i am about to soda blast it to get it ready for metal repair then a nice paint job , i can't wait to post pics when its done

shippin the car from vancouver to winnipeg was easy, know i am getting ready to ship a balanced, blueprinted,mild cam, higher compression 1.6l from ont. to wpg cant wait to put power to this lowered beast

just sad theres not more 510ers in manitoba and if there is they sure don't come out of the wood works that's for sure
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

NAME: laszlo(the butcher)komzak age 32

RESIDENTS:winnipeg manitoba

OCCUPATION: sewer and water rat (me and my buddy started up a sewer and water company called A-TEAM EXCAVATIONS

VEHICLES: 90 chevy short box step side lifted (wife drives daily), 91chev half ton my work truck, and my pride and joe, my newest member of our family is a lowered 71 datsun 510 2door

PLANS: i have already stripped everything out of my car, now i need to soda blast it, do some minor body work,splash of paint and then it will be ready for my motor

MOTOR: the motor is a balanced, blue printed 1.6 L, mild cam heavy compression. it should make my 71 go like crazy

i shipped my car from vancouver to winnpeg via flat deck, and it was cheap, now i have to ship my motor from ont. to winnipeg. slowly but surely i'am peiceing together my dream car from all over canada, seeings how theres are very very few datsuns around here. i think i have seen maybe 4 datsun 510's in my life time in winterpeg