Is the RATSUN site down?

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
qwik510
Supporter

Is the RATSUN site down?

Post by qwik510 » 19 Jun 2012 06:25

I get this message when I try to go to the site.

Fatal error: Call to a member function userHoverCard() on a non-object in /home.restoring/tjr/community.ratsun.net/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 158
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage

D52E
Supporter

Re: Is the RATSUN site down?

Post by D52E » 19 Jun 2012 06:33

Same error for me...

MicroMachinery

Post by MicroMachinery » 19 Jun 2012 07:21

Same here.

Dave Patten
Supporter

Post by Dave Patten » 19 Jun 2012 07:36

Did someone put out some d-CON?
Dave Patten
http://www.FutoFab.com
Dunbarton, NH

two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s » 19 Jun 2012 07:37

Dave Patten wrote:Did someone put out some d-CON?
:lol:
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 19 Jun 2012 07:48

I found a way to post in the status updates but yeah it's really down. Why can't we have a server like the realm. Takes 0.3 seconds to dial up here.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

sssr20det510

Post by sssr20det510 » 19 Jun 2012 08:22

I called jeff he said he was going to talk to the guy thomas I think. Well looks like the ratsun guys are running to the realm LOL

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 19 Jun 2012 09:00

Any port in a storm. At least they talk L here.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

icehouse

Post by icehouse » 19 Jun 2012 09:20

The reason we can't have a server is because we have about 500 times more traffic. We've looked into other options but to keep it fast it's going to cost. We might try another company that has a somewhat low cost hosting deal. Should be back up shortly. We are going to possible do the switch tonight.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 19 Jun 2012 09:28

Dare I suggest donations jeff? I know ratsun is like standing around in your garage bench racing and kidding around. Suggesting donations might seem like asking to pay for beer that's freely given but better than your fridge running out. Perhaps some Canadian cheddar?

icehouse

Post by icehouse » 19 Jun 2012 09:34

Yeah me and thomas where talking about that. We are going to go over the options tonight. Because as it stands right now the server costs us about 250 a year. That doesn't include the domain name or the forum software which as you know we upgrade every year. twice one year. To get a dedicated server it's quite a bit more a year. I think Thom was saying about 500 for the server. Anyways I will let you guys know tonight what we decide. I just hate asking for donations. First off then people feel like they have a say. Which I don't mind until there are disagreements. That plus I hate that we have to keep asking every year. We'll see. It would be cool though. Mostly if we got some extra money so Thom could get paid for all the time he puts in and maybe someday we could have a little more legit web page.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 19 Jun 2012 09:46

The Realm has highlighted member names. Members get to show everyone else that they support their forum this way. It's purely a status thing.

I forget the last census of members but 11,000 or so? If just 1% of ratsun members bought $10 memberships this would be at least $1,000 in the pot..... every year. Who wouldn't want in for $10? Hell you could make it exclusive with a fixed amount of supporters... say 100, 150?. I'd think members would fight to be one of the few to have one.

indy510

Post by indy510 » 19 Jun 2012 10:20

I really like Jeff's idea about a "Ratsun store" ... where vendors pay to advertise their Datsun related products,,, as of right now,, there's alot of people selling Ratsun merchandise without paying Jeff anything

..... I think at the top of the page where it says, "members, galleries, store, and event coverage maybe?" ... :lol:

There's a shift I'm seeing on every car forum except maybe the510realm,,, kids are growing up reading car forums now ..... and many Ratsun members are under 15yrs old

..... not as many as you'd think from reading some posts though ... :lol: ..... .. I hate "rules",,,, but I think we need some

General Disscusion is the first thing anyone see's when checking out Ratsun,, , maybe if it was called "General Automotive Disscussion",, and there were simple rules, that any new threads must have some automotive/mechanical relevance.

An "Off Topic" sub-forum, down there by "wheels" .... .. might be a better place to keep the 150 threads about boobs, idaho, MetalMonkey, and Insomniacs

I'd be willing to pay you $300 a year to let me moderate the imaturity that makes Ratsun less appealing to some older folks I never see logged on anymore

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 19 Jun 2012 11:16

icehouse wrote:I just hate asking for donations. First off then people feel like they have a say.
Spencer may disagree, but it doesn't seem like any of us plebian members feel like we have a say in how The Realm operates just because we donate money to help defer costs. Most disagreement there's been has been in the banner graphic thread(s), and 99% of that was in fun.
datzenmike wrote:I forget the last census of members but 11,000 or so?
The Realm had 10000+ before the last purge of unused/not-signed-in-for-the-past-x-months members. And even then it's the same 1% that are the posting/contributing lot. :mrgreen:
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 19 Jun 2012 11:54

indy510 wrote:.
I really like Jeff's idea about a "Ratsun store" ... where vendors pay to advertise their Datsun related products,,, as of right now,, there's alot of people selling Ratsun merchandise without paying Jeff anything

..... I think at the top of the page where it says, "members, galleries, store, and event coverage maybe?" ... :lol:
Maybe. I hate seeing venders, more I hate venders that sell but don't contribute. Too much like a 'gift shop'. If it was tucked away somewhere....

There's a shift I'm seeing on every car forum except maybe the510realm,,, kids are growing up reading car forums now ..... and many Ratsun members are under 15yrs old

..... not as many as you'd think from reading some posts though ... :lol: ..... .. I hate "rules",,,, but I think we need some

General Disscusion is the first thing anyone see's when checking out Ratsun,, , maybe if it was called "General Automotive Disscussion",, and there were simple rules, that any new threads must have some automotive/mechanical relevance.

An "Off Topic" sub-forum, down there by "wheels" .... .. might be a better place to keep the 150 threads about boobs, idaho, MetalMonkey, and Insomniacs.
Immaturity is what makes ratsun, Ratsun. Too much maturity and we'd end up like The 510 Realm. :oops: :lol: (don't misunderstand, love the place and it's diversity/difference, this is not a complaint just an observation)

icehouse wrote: I just hate asking for donations. First off then people feel like they have a say. Which I don't mind until there are disagreements.
I'd be willing to pay you $300 a year to let me moderate the imaturity that makes Ratsun less appealing to some older folks I never see logged on anymore

Sounds like a hostile takeover bid. Don't do it jeff :lol: :lol: