HAM8URGER

Re: FutoFab Introduces Steel 510 Body Parts

Post by HAM8URGER »

can you get reprod "eyebrow trim"?

Dave Patten
Supporter

Post by Dave Patten »

Eyebrow trim will be coming. These parts are in the design/prototype phase right now.

I will be getting the lower grill trim that connects to the bottom of these in my next order this Spring.
Dave Patten
http://www.FutoFab.com
Dunbarton, NH
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Dave Patten wrote:Eyebrow trim will be coming. These parts are in the design/prototype phase right now.
Wooohooo..... I mean DAMN!!!

I get my NOS set just dropped in value substantially....

Actually, they were purchased 8 years ago, and were slated for the Greg Terry car anyways, so No worries.

I am sure glad you are all over this Dave – man, what our community owes you for these efforts.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

Im so excited about this stuff Dave. Could there be any plans for 1200 Coupe stuff?

Question: How do you protect yourself against copy cats of your products? Or can you?
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Dave Patten wrote:Eyebrow trim will be coming. These parts are in the design/prototype phase right now.

I will be getting the lower grill trim that connects to the bottom of these in my next order this Spring.
Hey Dave, As you know the early trim pieces 68-69 had the end near the top rolled over and kinda swaged into a closed end with no plastic insert to finish it.
trim1.jpg
trim1.jpg (329.48 KiB) Viewed 5532 times
Which approach are you guys taking? With or without the plastic finish piece?

Also some of them were actually two pieces like so:
trim2.jpg
trim2.jpg (229.21 KiB) Viewed 5532 times
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Garvice

Post by Garvice »

Hey Dave,

You still looking to make the rear bumper?

I've got a 10 year anniversary coming up this year so this would be appropriate ("Tin") or even for next year 11 years ("Steel") if they are still a ways away. :D

Brad
abisel

Post by abisel »

I have a couple questions.

Have you guys thought about reproducing the front radiator support? You already have the lower valance, how about the radiator support complete from side to side.

Also, how about making up steel BRE flares? Fiberglass is one thing, but steel is better IMHO.

Cheers,
Dave Patten
Supporter

Post by Dave Patten »

Quick update on parts at FutoFab

We have quarters in stock, unfortunately they do not live up to restoration standard and we are selling them at discounted prices.
We are also using them to create patch panels as well. For full details see our ad in the classiified secion.

Factory Second quarter panels, $240/ea to 4d, $300/ea for 2d
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28480

Rear Quarter Patch Panels, $100-$150 / ea
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28481

Dave Patten
Dunbarton, NH
Dave Patten
Supporter

Post by Dave Patten »

Just a quick rundown of 510 bodywork available at FutoFab, and what is coming in January 2016.

Current Items We Stock:
  • Hood
  • Front Fenders (70+ US Marker, AU/JDM Markers & no marker openings)
  • 70-73 Front valance
  • Hood Latch
  • Front Bumper, Chrome, one piece (on B/O ETA 1/16)
  • Front Bumper Brackets
  • Rockers
  • 2d & 4d Quarter panels, (factory 2nds)
  • Rear Quarter - Patch Panels
  • Trunk Floor Drops
  • Rear Valance
  • 69-73 Tail Light Panel
  • 69-70 Tail Light Trim, innner & outer
  • Rear Bumper Brackets
Expected in our next supply order (ETA January 2016)
  • Rear Bumpers, Chrome, one piece
  • Rear Inner Wheelhouse, 2d & 4d, outer half against the quarter panel
  • Trunk Seal Gutters, fore/aft inner edge of the trunk opening along the 1/4 panel
  • Restock of Front Bumpers
  • Re-supply of current stock items that are running low
Dave Patten
Dunbarton, NH
spriso

Post by spriso »

Dave,

Any update on the revised quarter panels? Spring 2016?

I saw a prototype of the 2-door quarter windows-- any word if you will be bringing those in?

Michael
Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports
www.spriso.com
tr6racer21
Supporter

Post by tr6racer21 »

Dave,

Thought I saw some correspondence with Baz about possible quality weatherstrip...any progress?
Dave Patten
Supporter

Post by Dave Patten »

Spring, we hope, but no definate date has been provided
I saw a prototype of the 2-door quarter windows-- any word if you will be bringing those in?
When they are available we will be offering them.The first attempt needed adjustment, the trailing edge wasn't paralell with the leading edge of the C pillar causing the gap to increase toward the bottom. At this time we have no ETA.
Thought I saw some correspondence with Baz about possible quality weatherstrip...any progress?
I did speak with Baz, but there has been a number of things that have happened to temporarilly shift the focus of FutoFab away from that project.

In late July, my friend (and good friend of the Datsun community) Todd Walrich passed away suddenly. Since September 1st I have been working with his wife Suzie to acquire the assets of his business Wolf Creek Racing. We are at the point where all the inventory and equipment is in my posession. The tough part is organizing the seemingly billions of Mikuni carb parts into a logical format. All the parts came to me lumped together, fortunately most in oringinal bags, but things of the same P/N (like jets) were bagged together, but not by size. I think I'm finally on the downhill side of that task.

So after multiple round trips (roughly 1300 miles each) things are starting to come together. We will be continuing with the Mikuni carb/parts service as well as the Wolf Creek Racing CV axle kits that Todd put so much effort into. And once the dust of this has settled we will focus on adding even more items to the FutoFab product line-up.
Dave Patten
Dunbarton, NH
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Dave Patten wrote:
Spring, we hope, but no definate date has been provided
When they are available we will be offering them.The first attempt needed adjustment, the trailing edge wasn't paralell with the leading edge of the C pillar causing the gap to increase toward the bottom. At this time we have no ETA.
I did speak with Baz, but there has been a number of things that have happened to temporarilly shift the focus of FutoFab away from that project.

In late July, my friend (and good friend of the Datsun community) Todd Walrich passed away suddenly. Since September 1st I have been working with his wife Suzie to acquire the assets of his business Wolf Creek Racing. We are at the point where all the inventory and equipment is in my posession. The tough part is organizing the seemingly billions of Mikuni carb parts into a logical format. All the parts came to me lumped together, fortunately most in oringinal bags, but things of the same P/N (like jets) were bagged together, but not by size. I think I'm finally on the downhill side of that task.

So after multiple round trips (roughly 1300 miles each) things are starting to come together. We will be continuing with the Mikuni carb/parts service as well as the Wolf Creek Racing CV axle kits that Todd put so much effort into. And once the dust of this has settled we will focus on adding even more items to the FutoFab product line-up.

Dave

You are,,,The Man!!!
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon