Sss engine questions

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
SteveEdmonton
Supporter

Re: Sss engine questions

Post by SteveEdmonton »

Not to mention the welcome that our enormous Edmonton-based Datsun community would be glad to give it, too! :D

(Actually I think there might be only 3 of us 510 guys here in Edmonton these days-- you, "ArabianRyda," and me. Terry Hackmann had a beautiful 2-door but just sold it last fall.)
'71 4-door
'74 MGB-GT
'04 Miata
Laynec510

Post by Laynec510 »

funwithmonkeys wrote:If it's coming from the Datsun homeland it will probably be coming through Vancouver......just sayin' ....we could take it for a test drive for you when it gets off the boat.
Yeah I was thinking of going to Vancouver to pick it up! And since it will be my first 510 then you guys can help me out and tell me is anything is wrong
But also before I do buy it I will post some pictures
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Get it in Vancouver for May - 5/10 day to be precise. Party at my place in Maple Ridge every year to kick off the driving season.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Laynec510

Post by Laynec510 »

Byron510 wrote:Get it in Vancouver for May - 5/10 day to be precise. Party at my place in Maple Ridge every year to kick off the driving season.

Byron
Will do!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I would then suggest you get TWO (2) sets of tires, as there is a large group here and if you figure 15 minutes a person for the test drive, 1 set of tires just might make it before burgers are on the barbecue.

Whatever is left of the second set should get you through the Rockies no problem.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer