Anyone familiar with this 510 in West Covina?

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
DonnieDatsun
Supporter

Anyone familiar with this 510 in West Covina?

Post by DonnieDatsun »

http://510forsale.com/1973-sedan-west-covina-ca/

I'm really interested in this, but there are almost no details in the ad. Exchanged a few texts, but haven't gotten a full build list yet. Anyone familiar with the seller or the build?

because I'm bored to death sitting in another airport waiting to come home, here are the photos for documentations sake :-) byron
1.jpg
1.jpg (113.61 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (87.81 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (65.41 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
defdes
Supporter

Re: Anyone familiar with this 510 in West Covina?

Post by defdes »

Check Ratsun, that's a lot of scratch.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Agreed, that's a lot of money for basically no ad. If you've already contacted the seller and you still have questions, that should be telling you something.

Also, that's a typical SoCal SR510, which is to say they were lazy and there aren't any wipers and I'd guarantee there's no heater, either, 'cause they like to slam 'em against the firewall down in these parts.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

The car is also for sale on Facebook. The seller is Carlos Roman. You can see the ad in the Datsun 510 Parts for Sale group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421692 ... 416145574/

1973 Datsun 510 s14sr20det paint done by custom autoworld custom interior wed sport wheel with new tires new stainless brake lines through out Troy ermish rear coilover cusco camber plates with tokico adjustable shocks seals through out stainless gone through along with bumpers 10 year old project time to let someone else enjoy lots of money and time any questions feels free to ask ed-byron
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (55.89 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
DonnieDatsun
Supporter

Post by DonnieDatsun »

Thanks for the tip, qwik. Doesn't look like a lot of additional detail there either. Maybe he'll get back to me with a build list. I think 20k is a nice round asking price, how much would you guys say something like this ought to fetch?

@okayfine, good note. Definitely something to ask about.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

DonnieDatsun wrote:I think 20k is a nice round asking price, how much would you guys say something like this ought to fetch?
Without a lot more information, history, pictures, etc., there's no way we can put a price on it. The car's worth what someone's willing to pay for it. Based on his ad, I'd say he's just fishing for $20K, see who bites.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson