Datsun510.com pictures and manuals back online

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
dg510

Datsun510.com pictures and manuals back online

Post by dg510 »

Hi Folks,

I know some of you host your images at datsun510.com and it has been down for a while, so just wanted to shoot a quick update. The site is back up and functioning on new servers and software. It is NOT a forum, although the company that makes the image hosting software specializes in forum software, so it looks similar. It will never be a forum (you have a great forum here and don't need another). The old software company went out of business and we were lucky to not get hacked, but the conversion took several months. The Gallery portion has a slight delay. We are working on that. The explanation is long and boring, so just know that it has a slight delay when loading for the first time.

If you have hotlinked images from the old datsun510.com to this forum, they should all be working if they were linking the direct image URL, such as http://datsun510.com/photopost/data/3547/IMG_2229.JPG. If you referenced a link to a page URL, it will not work if the URL is something like http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphot ... d=IMG_2229 or something similar. In that case, you will probably need to replace that old page URL with the direct image URL. Let me know if there are problems or questions. I can look at the broken URL and give you the proper one fairly quickly. As a note, the old manuals URL of http://datsun510.com/manuals is gone and replaced by the actual download section on the website. I'll be modifying the look and feel as time allows, but for now it starts on an Activity stream showing everything that has been uploaded. Just click the other tabs you want.

For those that have not seen the site, feel free to check out the 30,000+ Datsun images in the Gallery tab or hit the downloads tab for a plethora of Factory and aftermarket service and owner's manuals. All are free. If you want to add to either, just make an account for the image uploads and PM me with anything you want added to downloads.

Thanks to Spencer and team at the510realm for hosting the forums, events calendar, and classifieds over the years. datsun510.com should be a good complement with photos and downloads.

Thanks, Derek
qwik510
Supporter

Re: Datsun510.com pictures and manuals back online

Post by qwik510 »

Maybe it's just not working right or maybe it is user error but how do I access my photos?

I logged in, and did a search, but only 2 images were found.

I know I have many more pics than that.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
dg510

Post by dg510 »

David, the interface is not as intuitive as the last one and I think the theme makes it more difficult. Working on changing both. For now, you can search for your username (or anyone's username) by clicking "Search" under the default "Activity" tab. At the top where it says "Search Term", enter "qwik510". The default search is for "Content Search". Click on the tab to the right that says "Member Search" and press the "Search" button at the bottom. That user now pops up. Just click "Find Content" under their name and it will take you to all their images. If you want it broken down to albums, I find it easier to click the username instead of "Find Content", then click the "Ablums" tab on the following screen. You can now see your 1707 images.

I'll see if I can just default users to their own galleries, but since this was forum software, it has limited functions for the Gallery navigation. Let me know if you have any issues.
dg510

Post by dg510 »

Argh. OK, way faster way. Just type qwik510 in the search window at the top, then to the left of that window, there is a pulldown that appears and defaults to "All Content". Change that pulldown to "Members" and away you go...
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Got it. Thank you Derek!
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage