Looking for some help,advise on getting a car shipped

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Snowfarmer

Looking for some help,advise on getting a car shipped

Post by Snowfarmer »

I found a nice 71 510 and purchased it in December and the car is in NE Salem Oregon . I live east of Toronto so I left it there in storage till the weather was good enough to ship it back east. The car was suppose to ship last week but plans for the shipment fell through. By chance I have found a guy from my area who is heading out to British Colombia with a delivery and doesn't have back haul. Here lies the problem he won't cross the border into Washington to pick up the car ,so....
He has Buddy in BC who will cross over to Blaine Washington and bring it to Surrey BC. , but doesn't have time to go to Oregon. It's all getting to complicated!
What I'm looking for is information of any good local trucking guys that haul out west that could pick up the car in Ne Salam and either get across the boarder to Surrey or at least up to Blaine. I also need a meeting place in that neck of the woods. I'm totally lost and hit nothing but road blocks so any help or suggestions would be great. I'm still looking into larger haulers that would come all the way back east too. Also I have a broker so all the boarder stuff is /will be taken care of.
iceD

Re: Looking for some help,advise on getting a car shipped

Post by iceD »

Drive it home would be my advice lots of dimers along the way if you run into problems

ice D
Snowfarmer

Re: Looking for some help,advise on getting a car shipped

Post by Snowfarmer »

iceD wrote:Drive it home would be my advice lots of dimers along the way if you run into problems

ice D
That was my first thought when I bought it . Then I couldn't get insurance coverage for it because it's not in Ontario . Can't get plates without insurance , and can't get plates without a certification.