Photobucket trying to blackmail me.

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
datzenmike
Supporter

Photobucket trying to blackmail me.

Postby datzenmike » 30 Jun 2017 19:40

Unless I pay $400 all of my PB pictures used here or elsewhere are no longer view able. Besides the incredibly shitty service and constant changes, lengthy waits and impossibly hard navigation through the site, they want me to pay????? What the fuck? I sent them feedback through e mail and told them to 'piss off'.

You better all check your previous posts that included PB pictures.

"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

510rob

Re: Photobucket trying to blackmail me.

Postby 510rob » 30 Jun 2017 22:46

Seems like they are suddenly revealing their longer-term business model.

how many GBs worth of pictures do you estimate that you put up on their site?

icehouse

Postby icehouse » 30 Jun 2017 23:48

I use imgur. That sucks though I used photo bucket back in the day. Better check old threads.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

datzenmike
Supporter

Postby datzenmike » 01 Jul 2017 08:10

All mine display the above message. They say I have only used about 22% of my allotted storage space. I won't close my account, that would be giving in and making it easy for them. What arrogant assholes! All my pictures are saved on my computer so they don't totally own me.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

indy510

Postby indy510 » 02 Jul 2017 13:20

You sure it's not a bandwith problem? ... I remember a few years ago they said I had reached my month's worth of free bandwidth, and I would have to pay to have the photos visible again, or wait two weeks

edit: the photos in your 710 wagon thread say you've reached %100 of your third party hosting usage .... sounds like too many people re-posting your pics or they were hacked. I would wait a few days

RMS
Supporter

Postby RMS » 03 Jul 2017 20:22

man..... 2 free accounts @ 95% spanning 7 build threads....

pb new terms : "Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” "

whats a good, free, resizing program ? something that can do a folder @ a time ? will I crash the realm uploading 100s of pics ?
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!

510rob

Postby 510rob » 04 Jul 2017 01:43

RMS wrote:man..... 2 free accounts @ 95% spanning 7 build threads....

pb new terms : "Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” "

whats a good, free, resizing program ? something that can do a folder @ a time ? will I crash the realm uploading 100s of pics ?

I've always used this program ---> http://www.xemico.com/photogadget/freeware.html

This also looks promising ---> https://sourceforge.net/projects/icompress/

funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Postby funwithmonkeys » 07 Jul 2017 07:50

I have noticed a few more people's accounts being locked in the past few days.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?

funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Postby funwithmonkeys » 13 Jul 2017 16:22

I just read the statement from photobucket and they launched this new service on July 6th. It is $400 per year for the 3rd party service which is ridiculous. They are going to be loosing a massive amount of business because of this. Everyone I know who is currently using them is changing to some other service because of it.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Return to “General Discussion”