Anyone know this Aus/NZ Race car?

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Anyone know this Aus/NZ Race car?

Post by PoorMtnKid »

Hey Everyone

I was just crusing youtube last night and ran across this very short video of a walk around 510 race car. I think its based out of New Zealand or Aus but cannot confirm it 100%. I thought the little wing was interesting and just wanted to see if anyone else on the site knows more about the car. Possibly even a build on it. Here is a screen shot from the video I took.

I always like to see different things people do to their 510's. I never really see much in regards to wings or spoilers so it caught my eye. The license plate in the video says " toy box " and I think the video was titled something of that text.
looking for pass. side arm rest
loungin112

Re: Anyone know this Aus/NZ Race car?

Post by loungin112 »

I like that spoiler too. Especially the alternative way they mounted it. If the spoiler is reproduced, one should make sure the spoiler is placed far enough back so the trunk can still be opened.

Oh, and did you try to decipher the telephone number on the for sale sheet? Looks like Jeremy or James?
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

No I have not tried , I did notice the for sale . Just before coming on the real again I had another video show up on my youtube feed title Nissa/Datsun Nationals Phillip Island 2013...... so it may be pretty old. The mounting was interesting , I know a lot of people wouldn't put the mounting holes on their cars this way, but I do like it.
looking for pass. side arm rest
broke

Post by broke »

The CAMS sticker means it will be an Aussie car.
The IDx 10 concept is based on the 510 in the same way that the urinating I was doing last night was based on a 30 yr old single-malt scotch.
-McWicked