wipe your face gas cars!

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
icehouse

wipe your face gas cars!

Post by icehouse »

https://www.tesla.com/roadster

Amazing to see Telsa go from a company everyone thought would fail to this! So want!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
66DUCE

Re: wipe your face gas cars!

Post by 66DUCE »

Yes I Tesla has some beautiful cars, and I too want one even a sedan! But Mr. Musk must wake up and smell the coffee as he will not release information on repairing thees cars. If you do a basic search of customers who have had issues with their Tesla they are waiting for sometimes months for a complete repair. In Boston Mas. the are legislating Right to Repair. So that the aftermarket and rest of the industry can get these cars up and running in a more timely fashion. Elon Musk also must get his head out of his a@# as he claims that Tesla will hire 1500 new techs to help speed up the repair process... The automotive industry is short of competent techs as it is to do basic vehicle repairs not to mention repairs on Hybrid and Electric vehicles.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

That's body shops that take forever to do repairs not the repair centers, aluminum body has its drawbacks I guess. My brother works at the Seattle repair center, they normally get the cars in and out really fast. My brother's team almost beat the motor swap record when they went in for training. They did a motor swap on a Model S and an alignment in 41 minutes. Try that with a gas car.

You can download the service files and manuals online, Even goes as far as to call out all the plugs used on the car. I have a buddy that owns a used one, he fixed his DC to DC himself.

I mainly find it fascinating that a bunch of computer dorks started a successful car company. I guess energy company now. That got around 1/2 a million pre orders on a car. haha crazy.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

the dorks are winning
gooned

Post by gooned »

510rob wrote:the dorks are winning
Well, the dorks are interesting, until he gets even remotely close to his production goals I'll hold off on the winning part, but hope they do.
dcuplover

Post by dcuplover »

fastest car on paper I guess since they have no recorded top speed. They will have to beat the new leader who had an averaged 277 mph on a race course in Nevada this year.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

510rob wrote:the dorks are winning
They will NEVER win...oh wait....I saw Revenge Of The Nerds.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

NERDS!!! NNNNNNNNERDS!!!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

dcuplover wrote:fastest car on paper I guess since they have no recorded top speed. They will have to beat the new leader who had an averaged 277 mph on a race course in Nevada this year.
Even if they don't win top speed 8.8 in the quarter is a win, with a factory warranty. Top speed to me is dumb, no room or place to do it. Zippy down low is rad for cruising around or autoxing :)
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

NNEERRDDSSSS!!!
ogre-rotn.jpg
ogre-rotn.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 4382 times
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I wonder at what point you will have to take a medical and some sort of training to withstand the brutal G-force of acceleration.....before you buy these cars?!

I can see it now in the Tesla accessory rack;

1- U.S.A.F. Certified 10G suit, get yours now for the low, low price of $6,000.00. Be the first to not black out when you take your neighbor friend for a ride.
Attachments
Optional Tesla G-Suit.jpg
Optional Tesla G-Suit.jpg (9.06 KiB) Viewed 4374 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

^agreed! Just being a passenger in the S with a 2.4 0-60 was making me feel sick. I'm a bad passenger though.