Travelled Through

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
James

Travelled Through

Post by James »

Hello all -
I just got back from a two week trip through your (seems like most of the members are in western Canada) neck of the woods. I had been through 30 years ago as a teenager, and decided I would take my teenagers up. Most people would cringe at the idea of two weeks, 4200 miles with a wife and two teenagers, but the trip was excellent. We went up through Vancouver, Whistler, across to Banff, up to Jasper and then down through Glacier, Yellowstone, across Yosemite and home to so-cal.
The country in Canada outshone everything else. Also - you guys are very nice. My wife commented on it while driving, and everyone we met was great. My son is ready to move to Vancouver. It was fun to see some of the areas that you guys talk about on your drives - may have to do it again in the 510!
Finished is better than perfect......
Byron510

Re: Travelled Through

Post by Byron510 »

If you'd given us a heads up, I'm sure some of us would have caught up with you if there was a chance with our 510's just for posterity. There are a number of Realm members in the Lower Mainland (Greater Vancouver) area, and a handful spread out though the interior. Many like myself would have happily had you over for a BBQ - casual evening, especially after making a drive like that. I'll assume you took in the Oregon coast, and a few featured in WA state?

A couple weeks ago I drove out to Calgary to catch my little brothers wedding, it was nice to make that trip through Kamloops, Revelstoke, Banff and onto Calgary in a single go - it's been many years since I last did the run in the summer and in the daylight. I too with the wife and kids, but mine are a bit younger at 8 & 11. It's a great drive, I agree. About 5 years ago I took my father to Pikes Peak - on the way there we took in the Salt Flats and on the way back took in Yellowstone - both are something else and I can say I've witnessed Ole Faithful and I've driven on the salt :-) Pikes Peak was a cool event as well in itself.

Glad you enjoyed your trip - maybe next time...

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.