KA24de swap questions. HELP!!!

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
30something

KA24de swap questions. HELP!!!

Post by 30something »

I'm finding this web page not easy to navigate when trying to find general information using the search bar for my KA24de swap questions. Any suggestions?

What options do I have to find clearance for my radiator at the front of my engine bay for running a single drive belt on my KA24de swap? I have read you can run a single cam KA24 waterpump housing and pulley but they don't seem easy to come by as I have had a wanted ad on this forum for a while looking for these parts with no luck. I also understand that the crank pulley on a KA24de is a different style of belt than the belt that goes with the KA24 pulley, correct?

Another part I'm looking for is the ECu for an s13 1991 KA24de. Am I simply looking in the wrong place for these parts? Is there a better option?

Please help. Thanks for looking.
abisel

Re: KA24de swap questions. HELP!!!

Post by abisel »

Have you tried Nissan Parts Deal? Maybe you can see if Nissan has the part(s) still available.

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/
Fred_L-P

Post by Fred_L-P »

unfortunatly I can't help you, but for ka24 / sr20 used and aftermarket parts I use my "local" S-chassis facebook ads page.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

If I remember correctly from my swap, I used a single cam coolant inlet neck and lower alternator bracket, then just used a 3 rib belt on the stock pulley. Ill try and dig it up... but you can see it all in the photo below.

As for finding parts... I got lucky and someone saw my post and said they saw a single cam ka in the junkyard near them recently and they were nice enough to swing by and pull them for me... some junkyards will pull parts for you and ship them but you might be gambling on what you get. Craiglist, ebay and other car forums to the 240sx tend to be easier to find ka parts on then the datsun forums.

ImageIMG_1538 by Devon Mitchell, on Flickr
'71 4 Door - Street/AutoX/Track Day Romper - Carb'ed KA24DE
demo243

Post by demo243 »

'71 4 Door - Street/AutoX/Track Day Romper - Carb'ed KA24DE
30something

Post by 30something »

Thanks a million for the help! Bought the stuff off eBay as per the link you provided.