Carbon Fiber Hood READY!!

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
blur510

Re: Carbon Fiber Hood READY!!

Post by blur510 »

SeanT-wagon wrote:July might be too soon for me (Just about to get the car running, which means I'm just about broke... Y'all know how it goes!), but it might not, too. You're saying $499 shipped to my door, yeah? Super good price! My only questions are:

I think you said here it was a carbon overlay on a fiberglass hood, but in your ebay ad, you make it sound full carbon, explain?
What kind of shipping insurance do we have? If it gets damaged in transit, or the part is defective (cracks in carbon, etc), will it be replaced/would there be a cost to replace it?
Do all holes line up/can you show one mounted?
Does the chrome trim fit on the front? I can't tell from the pictures.
tho top is all carbon fiber.. its not a sheet of carbon fiber overlayed on a fiberglass hood.. tho bottom structure of the hood is fiberglass but the entire tip side is carbon fiber.. The hood is gonna be insured.. if its damaged it will be replaced. I will mount the hood on my car this weekend and I will put on the trim on the front this weekend too... thanks
4doordime

Post by 4doordime »

can we do pick ups? And would it still be 400 if we do?
blur510

Post by blur510 »

4doordime wrote:can we do pick ups? And would it still be 400 if we do?
Ya pick up is preferred... shipping is quite expensive at 100 bucks.. so ya pick up is good. and its 400 for the picked up price..
big_jesus

Post by big_jesus »

blur510 wrote: tho top is all carbon fiber.. its not a sheet of carbon fiber overlayed on a fiberglass hood.. tho bottom structure of the hood is fiberglass but the entire tip side is carbon fiber.. The hood is gonna be insured.. if its damaged it will be replaced. I will mount the hood on my car this weekend and I will put on the trim on the front this weekend too... thanks
you're gonna take photos when you get that hood mounted, right? just checking. i'm very eager to see how it fits, etc.
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Yeah check your other thread, I'm interested. My hood as it sits would cost more to repair so this is a good alternative for me.

Cheers, Scott.
DeRuX

Post by DeRuX »

I was wondering if you have any pictures of the hood on with the trim mounted???
THE-GUY

Post by THE-GUY »

Hey I'm very intrested in a hood, getting to buy can you please get back to me asap! I need hood two months ago, so really need now thank.
Brydon

Post by Brydon »

THE-GUY wrote:Hey I'm very intrested in a hood, getting to buy can you please get back to me asap! I need hood two months ago, so really need now thank.
Are you still doing these hoods? I just picked up a 71 510 project car and this would be a great addition! :mrgreen:
nkldime

Post by nkldime »

blur. where are you located?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

nkldime wrote:blur. where are you located?
Last visited: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:58 am
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

he lives in SD and they are usually listed on ebay
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
XeroX

Post by XeroX »

I think he is from San Ysidro, at least thats what it sais on his Ebay listings...

I just bought a hood and a trunk from him, supposed to me shipping out tomarow. I cant wait to check out the quality :)

Ill take pics for u guys after they are both on.
I dont drink and drive, i SMOKE and FLY!
safin

Post by safin »

8) :?:
XeroX

Post by XeroX »

Well i got the hood and the trunk and i am VERY impressed by the quality! I have gotten a number of compliments on the hood. I had a few issues with fitment on the trunk where the locking mechanism bolts to it. I had to use my dremel a little bit to enlarge the holes on the bracket (the locking mech.) to be able to bolt onto the trunk.

I also Noticed that the threaded holes are bigger than the holes on the OEM trunk, so i had to use the other bolts that i didnt use to attach the hood (i used the stock ones). Due to the fact i bought the hood and the trunk it was convenient that i had the xtra bolts you sent or else i would have had to search for them at a store.

Also the hole on the trunk that you fit the key cylinder through was the perfect size but in order to get the retaining clip (that holds the cylinder against the trunk) i had to bore out a 1" x 1" hold on the side to be able to get my finger/flathead to "push" the clip in place.

These were all extremely minor issues, fitment is always somewhat of an issue on any CF or FG trunk (that i have installed). The hood however was perfect, no issues whatsoever!

I just wanted to give a little feedback :) if ANYONE is trying to get a nice CF hood or Trunk this is definately the place to get it! AAA+++ product :)

I will post up pics when i get my camera back from my girlfriend :roll:
I dont drink and drive, i SMOKE and FLY!
kondog

Post by kondog »

Are you still selling these hoods?