WTB KA24 water pump pulley/ housing

Post your forsale and wanted ads
30something

WTB KA24 water pump pulley/ housing

Post by 30something »

*Wanting to buy* Trying to move ahead with my KA24de swap in my 1971 Datsun 510 so I need the water pump pulley and water pump outlet housing so Ivan make my radiator with electric fans fit. Can someone please help me out.

Thank you
Tank510

Re: WTB KA24 water pump pulley/ housing

Post by Tank510 »

I have the stock KA24DE outlet housing. If you're doing a single belt conversion you'll need the one from the KA24E. Let me know.
As far as the pulley goes they are harder to come by...
30something

Post by 30something »

Thanks for the reply. I already have the stock KA24de water pump housing. Is there any other way to get this done for clearance for the radiator than putting a KA single cam water pump housing and water pump pulley on to run a single drive belt?
Tank510

Post by Tank510 »

30something wrote: 22 Jan 2019 21:49 Thanks for the reply. I already have the stock KA24de water pump housing. Is there any other way to get this done for clearance for the radiator than putting a KA single cam water pump housing and water pump pulley on to run a single drive belt?
Never say never, but I just followed the write up for the KA single belt conversion and had a 3/4" spacer machined. I found the parts I needed at a wreckers off a truck KA24E for 50 bucks, the spacer cost me 25 or so. The twin cam housing will fit with the rad, it will interfere with the single drive belt though. Keep in mind you also need the alternator brackets from the single cam to make the single belt conversion, in other words to align the AC pulley with the water pump pulley.
66DUCE

Post by 66DUCE »

I did the same as Tank, just took a 1" thick piece of aluminum and used the old KA housing as a template and traced it on the aluminum drilled out the center and drilled out the mounting holes. Then I used a band saw and disc sander to shape the outside. I joined BCRWD (forum for all the drift kids) and put a want add to find the alternator brackets from the KA24E. No one wants this stuff so you can get it fairly cheap. Good luck with your build.