WTB Vintage Wheels

Post your forsale and wanted ads
saifa
Supporter

WTB Vintage Wheels

Post by saifa »

Hey all. I am looking for some old school wheels for my Datsun (hint hint Nickledimeme). I have Rota RB's so am not really looking for anything like that. I am not sure of brands to be honest so if you have something your interested in selling let me know. I have a decent budget and am in Toronto. 14's or 15's prefered.

Seann
okayfine
Supporter

Re: WTB Vintage Wheels

Post by okayfine »

Take a gander, see what you like, could make what you want easier to find.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/v ... .php?t=605
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

OH ooh! RS Watanabe 4 spoke! Looks like an updated Libre!
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

merlin wrote:OH ooh! RS Watanabe 4 spoke! Looks like an updated Libre!
I'd like to see an updated (or even original) LeMans.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
joker72z

Post by joker72z »

Hey Seann,

If you were interested in a set of 6 spoke zx wheels, I have a complete set with nice center caps at my parents in Innisfil. They are pretty darn clean and I polished one to see how they would come to life....they look good with
some spit and polish. I'd let you have them for a decent price if interested...they are 14x6, 0 offset
Pm me if you want them.
Chris
Never start vast projects with half-vast ideas
1971 510 2dr, 58KM original
1/74- 260Z, 66K orig miles - SOLD
1/73- 510 2 door bare shell - SOLD
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

There's a Toyota (4AG?) site that was posted here a while back with LOT'S of great wheels for our cars... can't remember it off hand..Bueller?
saifa
Supporter

Post by saifa »

Thanks for the link. I'll name a few but with my luck they are all probably super rare. If anyone has...let me know.

Advan Racing Dish
Enkei Apache
Hayashi Sakura
Impul Hoshino
Impul Pro Mesh (I think Racing Hart has something similar)
SSR Star Shark
Work Equip (prefer "2" but all are nice)
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

saifa wrote:I'll name a few but with my luck they are all probably super rare.
It's just money.
sr20ve510

Post by sr20ve510 »

defdes wrote:There's a Toyota (4AG?) site that was posted here a while back with LOT'S of great wheels for our cars... can't remember it off hand..Bueller?
Club4ag.com

Honestly there has only been crap wheels there as of late. You're not going to be finding Techno Phantoms there if you know what I'm saying. Sometimes they have some decent stuff. I myself and on a continuous search for 14x8 0 Star Sharks or Techno Phantoms or just anything in that size that is good. I would even get reverse mesh again in that size. Good luck buddy!
1972 SR EFI 510 sedan, 1973 SR Carb'd 1200 sedan
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

I just saw some 14 x 6 Revolutions on craigslist for $200, I was too late.
AZhitman

Post by AZhitman »

Seann - I'd be interested in your RB's if you find something to replace them.

Thanks!
68 510, 67 WRL411, 67.5 SPL311, 63 NL320, 72 S30 RB25, 93 S13 droptop, more....
RWD_NissanMan
Supporter

Post by RWD_NissanMan »

I have a mint set of 13" Corvair OEM steel wheels with the GM part# on them still. This used to be the hot setup for a 510 in the early '70s for those of us who couldn't afford a set of "mags". Can't get any more old school than that. PM me if interested
1969 Datsun 510 4-door (donor shell for below)
1973 Datsun 510 SR20DET (sort of broken right now)
1998 Suzuki Escudo (JDM Sidekick Sport) 2.0TD 4x4 (daily driver)
2006 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 3V 4x2 (wife's ride)
2005 & 2006 Targa Newfoundland Entrant
Derek

Post by Derek »

sr20ve510 wrote:
defdes wrote:There's a Toyota (4AG?) site that was posted here a while back with LOT'S of great wheels for our cars... can't remember it off hand..Bueller?
Club4ag.com

Honestly there has only been crap wheels there as of late. You're not going to be finding Techno Phantoms there if you know what I'm saying. Sometimes they have some decent stuff. I myself and on a continuous search for 14x8 0 Star Sharks or Techno Phantoms or just anything in that size that is good. I would even get reverse mesh again in that size. Good luck buddy!
It's crap if you're looking for 7"+ wide wheels. I haven't looked recently but wheels that actually fit our 510s (+10 or more offset, not super wide) are considered un-cool by the 4AGE'rs and are attempted to be unloaded there.

That being said, I bought my two sets of 14x6.5 +14 Watanabes on Yahoo Japan Auctions and had them shipped to me through OohJapan http://www.oohjapan.com/ . Rinkya is another service like this. You can find tons of awesome wheels on YJA: http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/4穴 ... 0jp&mode=1 Just need to get a bit crafty with your searching.
dcuplover

Post by dcuplover »

I have some nice star sharks (only a pair if I remember right)and they are 13's.
avidtest

Post by avidtest »

I just posted some 13x7 Baby Supras for sale here: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/v ... highlight= if you're interested.