you guys thought i was crazy

Post your forsale and wanted ads
JDM510

you guys thought i was crazy

Post by JDM510 » 25 Mar 2010 03:24

check out this guy

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ct ... 93091.html

i can only hear okayfine now...did grama drive it with the fender mirrors tooo :lol: :lol:

but 12gs????? looks clean but i say 6gs would be about right...... discuss

okayfine
Supporter

Re: you guys thought i was crazy

Post by okayfine » 25 Mar 2010 07:06

No, we think you're a liar, a cheat, and you just post here to piss people off. Go home.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

ne14t?

Post by ne14t? » 25 Mar 2010 10:22

Ugh, Fender mirrors have to be one of the worst things anyone could ever do to a car, they give me the innate urge to smack the person with a rolled up newspaper like you would a dog who just pee'd on your carpet.

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 25 Mar 2010 10:28

You could say that door mirrors were "done" to the 510; fender mirrors were OE on the Bluebird, to the point that all Bluebirds/510s/1600s have the radiused notch in the upper rail to accomodate 'em.

Not to mention they eliminate blind spots.

There are plenty of worse things an owner can do to a 510 than fender mirrors.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

dislexicdime

Post by dislexicdime » 25 Mar 2010 10:38

He could at least put the right hub cap's on
L series only have one header!

i need another garage mine is full of part's

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 25 Mar 2010 10:41

dislexicdime wrote:He could at least put the right hub cap's on
Well, the car is not original.

angzt

Post by angzt » 25 Mar 2010 12:09

Aftermarket spoiler under the front bumper...?

I smell fish. Why are the pictures such poor quality? and so distant?

You would think for 12k the person would put more effort into the listing...

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 25 Mar 2010 12:11

angzt wrote:You would think for 12k the person would put more effort into the listing...
I've seen equal prices, and higher, advertised with less description and fewer pictures. 'Tis why I wrote this after all:

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.ph ... o+sell+car

KaipoDa510
Supporter

Post by KaipoDa510 » 25 Mar 2010 20:22

I agree with the shady distant pictures...
when I bought my car last year the previous owner (you know who you are) posted at least 30 pictures (good quality)
This told me he was not hiding anything.
I jumped on a plane to see the car, after I put down a deposit and I did not regret my trip.
I paid up the balance when I saw that the car was exactly what the photos depicted and drove it home for 600 miles+
That's what good pictures do for a good sale.
Just my two cents.
There is no feeling like driving a Datsun!!

70DIMER

Post by 70DIMER » 26 Mar 2010 08:33

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (but it helps) to know that if you want top dollar for your car you take pictures that show the car's true condition so you don't get asked a million questions. Writing a clear descriptive ad also avoids more basic/simple questions, and best of all it helps it sell faster.

Here are 3 ads I've written and each car sold in a few days. Lucky for me I haven't had to write any ads for my Datsuns! :)

I basically take overall pics to show the condition of the car as well as closeup of detail areas. If there's any flaws I take pics of that too so there's no reason for the perspective buyer to come over and waste my time with saying "I didn't know it had this or that" and try to negotiate an even lower price. All three of these ads I wrote up before you guys posted your how to sell a car sticky and each one sold in a few days, some to a local buyer and one to a guy across the country in New York.

1983 Toyota Starlet Ad: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showt ... ?p=2608386
1991 CRX HF Ad: http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=5338
1991 CRX HF Ad: http://hondaswap.com/vehicles-sale-trad ... cs-203334/

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 26 Mar 2010 08:39

70DIMER wrote:Writing a clear descriptive ad also avoids more basic/simple questions, and best of all it helps it sell faster.
That's crazy talk. :lol:

///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh » 26 Mar 2010 10:10

why does everybody on this site seem to automaticly assume conspiracys agianst the datsun world? :lol:

nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme » 26 Mar 2010 12:04

ne14t? wrote:Ugh, Fender mirrors have to be one of the worst things anyone could ever do to a car, they give me the innate urge to smack the person with a rolled up newspaper like you would a dog who just pee'd on your carpet.

Well, if you ever do decide to smack someone with fender mirrors, make sure it's not me. This old dog loves to bite back. :lol: I personally am not a fan of the fender mirror either. But hey I have them....mine are even on a Domestic US market car....my car is just plain poser all the way.
Trust me....you have not been around long enough, there are plenty of worse things people can do to a 510....you missed out on the 1980's and 90's modifications. :wink: