3 wagons for sale

Post your forsale and wanted ads
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

artika wrote:Rates for U-Haul are pretty cheap, considering..
U-Haul it!
If you rent a Truck from them, i think they will toss the car dolly in for free on a one way rental.
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like faithful U-Haul service to me!
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

artika wrote:I don't know for sure, but it sounds like faithful U-Haul service to me!
Just a note, from experience, book it two weeks in advance. as the dollies are in short supply. The have plenty of car trailers, but they are more expensive. The dollies are for one way travel only at most dealers.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

if the trannie of my van wasnt fucked, i would totally consider towing it by my self...
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

Darrell wrote:if the trannie of my van wasnt fucked, i would totally consider towing it by my self...
you need a air break hook up for the bigger trailers.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

ajen68510 wrote:
Darrell wrote:if the trannie of my van wasnt fucked, i would totally consider towing it by my self...
you need a air break hook up for the bigger trailers.
who cares.... :P
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Yeah, you don't wanna know how fun it is to pull a big trailer with no brakes!!!!!

Off subject, kinda.
Last year, when my dad and I went to Northeast Oregon for last year's elk-hunt, we had to take his POS Bronco II. Now, it has no power, crappy handling, and it really, REALLY hates to stop. (Bad brakes).

We pulled a 22' flatbed trailer, infact the same trailer that we hauled my (at the time, my brother's) dime on from the original owner. Anyways, we pulled it up there, a good 400 miles, since we took the back-roads (illegal lighting on the trailer). When we got there, at the higher elevations it was icy, snowing in some locations. The shit that we had on the trailer weighed about 500 lbs, plus the weight of the trailer. We figure that the trailer weighed close to the same as the Bronco. LOL, we got sideways, with the trailer leading, more than once on that trip. HAhaha.. it was sooo fun. Some places we even had to go four-by-fourin (something that a Bronco II does quite well, actually.. ) just to keep the damned thing in between the lines. Uphill was a bitch in the ice, since we had A/T's that were worn, and the hills were black ice. Brakes.. haha, NO, you downshift about 500 yards before the stop point, or you're risking plowing yourself into an intersection. LOL.

Oh yeah, on the 4x4 note: If you do any 4x4ing like my dad and I do, a Bronco II stands up quite well if you don't beat the hell out of it. I've done quite a few mud-bogging trips with that thing, and surprisingly, it handles very well, having limited slip all the way around, being light-weight, and packed with a fairly torquey motor (2.9L) in those low-gears. :D
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

well , a 510 weights 980 KG roughly around 2400lbs. my full size van should be able to handle it with out problem
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

EZ. our Astro towed a wagon no problem.