WTB... Brake rotors, rear body panel

Post your forsale and wanted ads
pmaknefob

WTB... Brake rotors, rear body panel

Post by pmaknefob » 07 Nov 2012 18:05

WANTED: Stock '69-'73 510 front brake Rotors NEW only.
NOS Lower rear body panel (Below/behind the Bumper) Will consider a used one, if the spot welds have not been drilled out yet.
Jon, delahaye85@hotmail.com Huntington Beach, California

okayfine
Supporter

Re: WTB... Brake rotors, rear body panel

Post by okayfine » 07 Nov 2012 18:57

NEW rotors should be available from your FLAPs, even if they'll have to order it. You can get them from RockAuto as well.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

pmaknefob

Post by pmaknefob » 08 Nov 2012 11:00

FLAPS does not have 510 Rotors. It's hard to tell if Rock Auto has them- I sent them an email asking the question. All of the auto parts stores in my area show zero availability, and they tell me they can't even be ordered. And I'm guessing they all have a computer network that searches the same sources. I did find one Rotor on the other side of the Continent, sold to me by an EBAYer.. $20.00 for the Rotor, $23.00 for shipping. Anouther one or two of those would be nice.

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 08 Nov 2012 11:04

There were four listings at RockAuto yesterday. Why e-mail? Just drill down their selection menus. :?:
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

HudsonMC

Post by HudsonMC » 08 Nov 2012 11:13

New 510 rotors from rockauto:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframe ... ttype=1896

Looks like they have them? They even have drilled and slotted ones...

pmaknefob

Post by pmaknefob » 08 Nov 2012 11:18

Rock auto's customer service rep. sent me a link to a more user friendly version of their catalog, and they do have 4 choices/price levels of 510 Rotors.
Thank's for the above help.

HudsonMC

Post by HudsonMC » 08 Nov 2012 11:25

Good deal. I love rockauto. Barely visit the FLAPS anymore.

As far as the body panel goes, are you talking about the little apron/valence below the tail light panel?

pmaknefob

Post by pmaknefob » 08 Nov 2012 11:46

Yes, it's the smaller panel below the upper larger one. It has a cut out for the tail pipe. I'll be spot welding/pinch welding it in as the factory did, so I don't want any holes where the welds will go.

pmaknefob

Post by pmaknefob » 08 Nov 2012 16:28

I called Rock Auto, and they said that all 510 brake Rotors are out of stock, and cannot be ordered. I asked if they exist somewhere, and he said "Only if someone ordered some when they were available, and they are still on a shelf somewhere." So, if it appears that Rock Auto can get something, it's a good idea to call and have them look it up and see if it can be ordered for sure.

Dave Patten
Supporter

Post by Dave Patten » 09 Nov 2012 05:39

pmaknefob wrote:I called Rock Auto, and they said that all 510 brake Rotors are out of stock, and cannot be ordered. I asked if they exist somewhere, and he said "Only if someone ordered some when they were available, and they are still on a shelf somewhere." So, if it appears that Rock Auto can get something, it's a good idea to call and have them look it up and see if it can be ordered for sure.
Try NAPA, They list front rotors for the 510.

P/N NB 4885575 - Can be ordered on line at $21.49/ea

Link: http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Resul ... %2b2018022
Dave Patten
http://www.FutoFab.com
Dunbarton, NH

pmaknefob

Post by pmaknefob » 09 Nov 2012 15:36

Napa was sure they could get Rotors, until they call to order them. Quanity available: zero.