FS: Datsun 510 Carpet Kits 2 Door, 4 Door, and Wagon

Post your forsale and wanted ads
70DIMER

FS: Datsun 510 Carpet Kits 2 Door, 4 Door, and Wagon

Post by 70DIMER »

Does your Dime's carpet look like this?

Ok maybe it's not THAT bad, but still would you like to replace it and make your interior look nicer?

Hey guys, I've been offering my carpet kits on Ratsun.net, Canby, swap meets, and to local Datsun 510 guys who attend our monthly Nor Cal Old School car meet since June 2009 so figured I should actually post it here incase any of you guys need/want one.

Click http://community.ratsun.net/topic/12900 ... arpet-kit/ so you can do your research and see my for Carpet Kit for sale thread and look for yourself what others have been saying about them (I have no control over what is posted on the site so you'll get honest feedback from all the buyers) before you buy!

CARPET:
My carpet kit is made from new plush black carpet so it does not come with binding as it will not come unraveling apart like loop style carpet.
It will fit all 1968 through 1973 Datsun 510, so no matter if you have a 2 door, a 4 door, or a wagon, this will transform your interior!
It has a rubber backing material which from many of my buyers have mentioned after they installed it, that there was no need for further noise deadening material.

***For those of you that have done KA and SR engine/transmission swaps, I ensure it will fit your modified transmission tunnels***

CARPET KIT COMES WITH:
-Front Piece:You will have to make your own shifter hole cut out as I do not do that, since some have modified the location as well as a slit to feed the pedal if yours is attached to the floor. This way it will fit perfect on your dime
-Rear Piece:This will require you to loosen the two rear seat stand bolts, but it will result in a MUCH NICER and FLUSH installation than those kits with have a long slit running near half the length to some rectangular cut outs that never sit perfectly flush once installed!
-I also have the large wagon rear cargo piece if you need it, SEE BELOW (added cost of course), just ask me about it.
-Only comes in black (sorry, but it does look good in all color interiors)

PRICE:
$110 for the 2 piece carpet kit picked up near San Jose CA or I can ship to you

PICTURES:
Carpet Kit Laid Out
Customer Before
Customer After
Customer 2 Before Front
Customer 2 Before Rear
Customer 2 After Front
Customer 2 After Rear
Misc Pictures

Rear Wagon Cargo Carpet (One piece, like the original pad)
ajen68510

Re: FS: Datsun 510 Carpet Kits 2 Door, 4 Door, and Wagon

Post by ajen68510 »

Its a good kit, Excellent guy to deal with. Price is very good.
datmo

Post by datmo »

in a couple weeks ill be purchasing one. can't beat it for $110 bucks!
Buying 280zx assy. window washer pump. l20b.
Rear coilovers. 68 4dr rubbers for windows.
located in socal.
70DIMER

Post by 70DIMER »

Thanks for the feedback ajen68510! I hope you're enjoying the carpet kit!

Datmo: Let me know when you're ready for a kit and I'll be sure to take care of you!
70DIMER

Post by 70DIMER »

I just shipped out 3 kits this morning and have another ready to go if anyone is interested. :)
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Why the cut pile? It SEEMS, and I don't really know, that the tight loop pile is a little "nicer", for lack of another word. Isn't the cut pile what you might see on speaker boxes? Maybe I'm thinking wrong, please correct me if so. Do newer cars use cut or loop pile?
70DIMER

Post by 70DIMER »

S15DET wrote:Why the cut pile? It SEEMS, and I don't really know, that the tight loop pile is a little "nicer", for lack of another word. Isn't the cut pile what you might see on speaker boxes? Maybe I'm thinking wrong, please correct me if so. Do newer cars use cut or loop pile?
Ok let me see if I can answer your questions:
The loop pile carpet you think is 'nicer' (which is subective but anyway to answer you question) unless you ready to spend at least $275 if not more, you won't find a lower cost kit like the one you mention. I looked into it and for the added cost of binding the loop style carpet, it really adds a lot of extra cost to the labor, many times of which most guys on a Datsun budget aren't looking or willing to spend. Sure if you have the means and want to go that route there are those kits readily available for you, but only if your 510 is bone stock and doesn't have a modified transmission tunnel. Otherwise you're likely to be dissapointed in it's fit and finish. Especially if you choose to get one of those so called 'molded' carpet kits you see on ebay or some aftermarket sites.

As far as the speaker box material, you're thinking of that black felt material, which my carpet kit is definitely not made from. If you look at anything made from that kind of material you can always see the tell tale signs of the edges looking a bit wavy. That's because the material is not very thick so it esentially folds a bit. Heavier carpet won't do that and will lay flat with no ripples or waves on the edging. Its hard to describe but once you see it, you'll recognize it. If you check out my thread on Ratsun where I've sold most of my kits from you'll read from the guys that have actually bought my kit say that the carpet is thicker than they thougth/expected and that it really cuts down on a lot of road noise. To date I don't know anyone that's actually used extra padding underneath it.

I'm no expert on new cars but from what I have on my 350Z and my Audi A4, none of the carpet or carpet mats are loop pile.

Again since I'm not a moderator nor do I have any way of editing what is posted on the thread I have over on Ratsun, I'd rather have my customer feedback speak for itself, so take a glance over there. :)
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

I wasn't sure which was which, that's why I was asking, thanks for the clarification. Wal-Mart sells a thin roll of black "automotive" carpet that some use for speaker boxes or for carpet. It sounds like your carpet is not this, but rather a thicker version? Is there a rubber backing that will prevent water that may get under the carpet from being able to evaporate? I've been worried about this, but I guess the solution here would be to not have leaks. Do you have a link to your carpet source so that I can look at the available colors and read more about the carpet itself?
70DIMER

Post by 70DIMER »

Yeah this is definitely not that small roll of Walmart carpet, that is very thin and no backing and as being in a 3"x6" roll, it's not even big enough to make a real 2 piece carpet kit, trust me I know since I tried doing that when I had my old 521 and I used two of those rolls back then to overlap it onto my floor, and you know the 521 floor is much smaller than our 510's floor. Like I said my carpet kit have a rubber backing, but then again I wouldn't recommend getting any carpet wet, regardless of rubber backing or not. Like I tell those that ask about getting it in different colors...you can get it in ANY color you want, as long as it's black. :)
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

70DIMER wrote:PRICE:
$110 for the 2 piece carpet kit picked up near San Jose CA or I can ship to you
how much for just the front section?
no back seat ;)

was anything added under the wagon cargo section?
i could replace mine but i need a cushy rear.
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
70DIMER

Post by 70DIMER »

Hey Hang_510, sent you a PM, but no I don't have anything under the rear cargo. You could easily slip some padding under it if you want it cushy but for my cargo I didn't need anything soft back there. :)
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

I have to ask, what are you doing in the back of the wagon that you need it cushy?
Jason
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

jason wrote:I have to ask, what are you doing in the back of the wagon that you need it cushy?
:mrgreen:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
70DIMER

Post by 70DIMER »

Just sold (3) 510 sedan carpet kits and (1) full 510 wagon carpet kit to fivetenguy (Julio) and shipped another full wagon carpet kit off one to Mitchell in Washington.
I have more if anyone is interested! :)
MylilDime

Post by MylilDime »

you got a PM