datsport R31 struts with big brakes

Post your forsale and wanted ads
DeRuX

datsport R31 struts with big brakes

Post by DeRuX »

Sold sold sold
Last edited by DeRuX on 08 Sep 2014 20:47, edited 3 times in total.
DeRuX

Re: datsport R31 struts with big brakes

Post by DeRuX »

Price drop to $1300 OBO
DeRuX

Post by DeRuX »

To the top
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

You do know that copper wire was invented by two Datsun owners fighting over a penny right?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
DeRuX

Post by DeRuX »

datzenmike wrote:You do know that copper wire was invented by two Datsun owners fighting over a penny right?
I paid twice as much from datsport and now need to unload them.
DeRuX

Post by DeRuX »

bump it up and I can ship these now. I found a place to pack them in foam and a nice box for a good price.
DeRuX

Post by DeRuX »

Bump. Price drop to $900. Can not ship.
RTB

Post by RTB »

I can't justify spending that much when I can build (or buy) zx coilovers for less. Not to say what you're asking for is unreasonable, it's just one of those things where it's a small niche. If you're interested in a trade for parts then we might work something out.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

RTB wrote:I can't justify spending that much when I can build (or buy) zx coilovers for less. Not to say what you're asking for is unreasonable, it's just one of those things where it's a small niche. If you're interested in a trade for parts then we might work something out.
ZX struts are not the same as the R31, you are comparing two different parts to justify spending that much money. I also doubt you can build this exact combination for less money. Yes, one can build cheaper, but one gets what he/she pays for. Do a quick search for those calipers and cost of rebuild and then you will see, then add rotors and sleeves, adjusters ect..... "comparable" struts would be the 200sx V6 5 lug struts. Datsport uses the R31 to better suit the SR/KA handling kit they sell. It allows the ability to run a more positive offset wheel so you can run those nice skyline/300zx sumitomo aluminum calipers, those same calipers that won't fit the ZX strut without custom adapters, that I'm not sure if anyone makes.
RTB

Post by RTB »

goichi1 wrote:
RTB wrote:I can't justify spending that much when I can build (or buy) zx coilovers for less. Not to say what you're asking for is unreasonable, it's just one of those things where it's a small niche. If you're interested in a trade for parts then we might work something out.
ZX struts are not the same as the R31, you are comparing two different parts to justify spending that much money. I also doubt you can build this exact combination for less money. Yes, one can build cheaper, but one gets what he/she pays for. Do a quick search for those calipers and cost of rebuild and then you will see, then add rotors and sleeves, adjusters ect..... "comparable" struts would be the 200sx V6 5 lug struts. Datsport uses the R31 to better suit the SR/KA handling kit they sell. It allows the ability to run a more positive offset wheel so you can run those nice skyline/300zx sumitomo aluminum calipers, those same calipers that won't fit the ZX strut without custom adapters, that I'm not sure if anyone makes.
My point wasn't that zx struts were just as good for less money. My point was that for most people zx struts provide plenty of stopping power for a lower price. Hence my niche comment. If I had a powerful SR or a VG then I would think of this as more a need. But for 90% of datsun owners this is overkill to the point where I am pretty sure your brake balance would insanely bad.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

RTB wrote:My point was that for most people zx struts provide plenty of stopping power for a lower price.
Great, glad you figured out what everyone else already knew. Not sure why you needed to post this here. I'll save you trouble in the future, however: sky is blue, water is wet.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

:lol:
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

The smart ass comments really make these posts way more entertaining. They really add to the comments telling us what we already know. Keep up the good work! :lol:
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
DeRuX

Post by DeRuX »

Thank you for the free bumps price $800
510rob

Post by 510rob »

that's the spirit! :)