Wanted SR Trans Cluster shaft

Post your forsale and wanted ads
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Wanted SR Trans Cluster shaft

Post by Three B's Racing »

I need a cluster shaft for the RWD FS5W71C transmission for the SR20DE or DET mine rolled off my bench and chipped some teeth F@#K! The gearing count is as follows.

1st: 14 teeth
2nd: 20 teeth
3rd: 28 teeth

I don't need the 4th gear as I can remove mine and use it but if its there and you don't want to remove it thats fine also. Cash or trade works for me.

Thanks

Lou
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Wanted SR Trans Cluster shaft

Post by datzenmike »

There is no 4th 'gear' on the counter shaft or anywhere else. Fourth is a solid connection from clutch to driveshaft along the mainshaft. The removable gear on the front is how the counter gear is driven by the gear above it on the mainshaft.

Do you know the gear ratios for 1,2,3? The S14 uses

1st.... 3.321
2nd... 1.902
3rd... 1.308
4th... 1.000
5th... 0.759

Easier to just swap your front case onto a 240sx box
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Three B's Racing
Supporter

datzenmike wrote:There is no 4th 'gear' on the counter shaft or anywhere else. Fourth is a solid connection from clutch to driveshaft along the mainshaft. The removable gear on the front is how the counter gear is driven by the gear above it on the mainshaft.

Do you know the gear ratios for 1,2,3? The S14 uses

1st.... 3.321
2nd... 1.902
3rd... 1.308
4th... 1.000
5th... 0.759

Easier to just swap your front case onto a 240sx box
Mike if you look at a cluster shaft it goes like this, little gear is 1st, 2nd it the next biggest and so on. 4th gear is on the end of the shaft next to 62mm bearing, that is the only removable gear.

Anyway yes 1,2,3 gear is as you stated
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Three B's Racing
Supporter

It is easier to swap front case on a 240 trans, but have you seen what people are asking for a 240sx trans + shipping? cheaper to rebuild where I live anyway.
- John Lennon