Mario's Cars and Parts for Sale

Post your forsale and wanted ads
qwik510
Supporter

Mario's Cars and Parts for Sale

Post by qwik510 »

As you may have heard, Mario Birardi passed away back in January. Mario was a longtime 510 enthusiast and a collector of 510 cars and parts. He was well known on the East Coast, USA.

His obsession with these cars sent him all over the country dragging home orphans that needed saving. Either to fix up and sell or to part out, Mario loved the 510s and was determined to help keep as many on the road as possible. He had planned to set up a 510 parts business to occupy his time in retirement, but sadly, he didn't get to it.

His family has enlisted my help in making sure these parts get into the hands of other 510 lovers and not the scrapyard. I made a trip up to Morrisville, PA yesterday and met with his wife Kathy and his brother Tony.

I met Tony at the storage yard where the cars and parts were. There were two 40' tractor trailers and 8 510s, two wagons, four 4 doors and two 2 doors. Several of the cars are already spoken for. His brother, Tony, is hoping to revive a solid 2 door that is there. The rest will be offered up for sale at some point in the near future. They are still trying to find the titles to see which ones have papers and which do not.

Onto the parts. Wow, there were a lot of parts. And lots of other stuff too. Mario never threw anything away so many items from his Family's restaurant business and his printing business were stored in the trailers along with so many 510 parts. It was pretty overwhelming to say the least. Unfortunately, it was not well organized so it was hard to dig through it all. I felt like I was on an episode of American Pickers. There were so many boxes, crates, tubs and shelves full of parts. Body panels - hoods, doors, trunk lids, fenders, airdams, cowls, etc. interior stuff - door panels, trim, seats, dash stuff, gauge clusters, seat belts, etc. Engines and more engines. I think there were 8-10 complete L16 engines and several shelves full of L series cylinder heads. There were many transmissions too. Mostly 4 speed but a couple of 5 speeds too. Exhaust headers and manifolds and Carbs. Way too much for me to list.
And lots of rare and NOS stuff too.

I spent most of the day going through all the stuff and pulled out many of the parts I felt would sell fast and not be too hard to ship. I am trying to help Kathy put together some money to pay for Mario's final expenses, etc.

If you read this so far, thank you.

This is the first offering of parts. There will be much, more to come. Please do not ask me about anything that is not listed here. The parts are 3 hours from me so I don't have easy access. I will be going back up there in a few weeks to dig through more.

I have taken pictures of the parts currently available and have posted them on a Photobucket Album.

Sorry but Photbucket sucks and they mixed up all the pics when I uploaded them. You will need to look through them as they are not in order.

Link here:

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/qwik5 ... io%20Parts

To save the hassle of getting shipping quotes,

All prices include Insured Shipping in the Continental USA.
Email me for shipping to Other Areas

We are open to reasonable offers if the prices are too high.

Please email, call or text for more info or if you want to buy anything.

301-651-7788
David

NOS Parts

Tail Light Panel 1970-1973 Sedan
79100-N0959
No factory packaging
$800

Lower Grill Trim - SOLD!

Dash Pad 1970-1973 Sedan or Wagon
New in factory packaging
$900

Hood Trim - SOLD!

Rear Quarter Panel - SOLD!

License plate Light assemblies (Pair L&R) 1969-1973 Sedan
One in factory box, one missing box
SOLD

Tail Light chrome trim - Sedan 1968? (Pair L&R)
No packaging
$350

Tail light Housings, bulb sockets and harnesses and chrome trim
Sedan 1969-1973 (Pair L&R)
SOLD

NOS WEATHERSTRIPPING

Wagon Front Door Seals (Pair L&R)
In factory packaging
80830-N2400
80831-N2400
$300

Trunk Seal - Sedan 1968-1973
In factory packaging
$125

Fender to Body Seal - SOLD!

Fuel/Gas Tank Filler Rubber (sedan) - SOLD!

NOS Vitaloni Turbo Racing Mirrors (Pair L&R)
New in factory packaging
$150

Brand New - Ground Control Coilvers with Eibach Springs (Pair)
Spring Part number - 225591-1
1000.250.0275 (10" length, 2.5" diameter, 275 pounds)
And rear springs - (not sure if these are for a 510, please check)
Part number - 175911 GC230.64.49
SOLD

USED PARTS

Weber 40 DCOE Carburetors - Pair (Made in Italy)
Used carbs. They look be compete. Linkage and butterflies move freely.
Comes with new linkage pack and one new seal kit.
SOLD

Mikuni / Solex 48ADDHE Carburetors - Pair
Used Carbs. They look be compete. Linkage and butterflies move freely.
SOLD

Mikuni / Solex Intake Manifold - SOLD!

Metal C Pillar Vents - SOLD!

Bluebird SSS Couple Tail Light Covers - SOLD!

L20B Timing Cover
Looks to be in good shape
$120
Last edited by qwik510 on 29 May 2017 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
yenpit

Re: Mario's Cars and Parts for Sale

Post by yenpit »

......I wondered who's parts these were :cry: . RIP Mario!

He bought a number of the NOS sheetmetal parts from me years ago.......he was really collecting some great NOS parts, wanted to reproduce them, but man that is a big project, as Dave P has found out! He also gave me two very rough 4drs that were in Iowa some years ago......he had purchased five cars from the farmer, hauled three of them back to NJ, leaving the two worst cars there, called me up and said "Go git 'em, if you want 'em!". He was a good guy!! I just sent a hauler, didn't care WHAT they were! :wink:

Dave, do you drive up & stay, or turn around come back to MD same day??

TJ
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

yenpit wrote:......I wondered who's parts these were :cry: . RIP Mario!

He bought a number of the NOS sheetmetal parts from me years ago.......he was really collecting some great NOS parts, wanted to reproduce them, but man that is a big project, as Dave P has found out! He also gave me two very rough 4drs that were in Iowa some years ago......he had purchased five cars from the farmer, hauled three of them back to NJ, leaving the two worst cars there, called me up and said "Go git 'em, if you want 'em!". He was a good guy!! I just sent a hauler, didn't care WHAT they were! :wink:

Dave, do you drive up & stay, or turn around come back to MD same day??

TJ

TJ,

Yes, Mario was a good guy and a major 510 lover. I found some of the NOS sheet metal already. I drove my car up the first time so I was limited on what I could bring back. I'll take the truck and trailer next time.

I go up and back in the same day. It was a 14 hour day when I went last week.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

Not sure when my next visit back will be, but maybe set up to ride up with you to try to help! Road trip!!!
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
angzt

Post by angzt »

Damn, sucks to hear this. I use to browse these forums for awhile. But not in a long time. I had the pleasure of meeting him. I drove to him he lives just outside of Philly..? or somehwhere like that. (I am not too far away in North Jersey) I needed a new windshield as mine was cracked pretty good. He had a whole yard full of scrap cars. He let me have choice and cut out any windshield of my picking. I dropped off my old L motor too I believe it was you Quik who bought it? My car that motor came out of is still the project its always been. SR20DET pain in my ass. Lol. anyways if you need a hand loading boxes or whatever i'm not too far away and I can maybe help just depends on when ofcourse !
clean71

Post by clean71 »

Anything left Dave ?
1971 PL510 4DOOR AUTO
1969 PL510 WAGON 4SPD
1969 PL510 2DR 4SPD
Gereed75

Post by Gereed75 »

Dave, good on you to help out. I am working on fixing a race car and need a bunch of left front corner body frame stuff. Also some other misc stuff. I am fairly near Morrisville. I have cash. What can you do to help or put me in contact with Mario’s family. Thanks
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Gereed75 wrote: 20 Jul 2018 04:55 Dave, good on you to help out. I am working on fixing a race car and need a bunch of left front corner body frame stuff. Also some other misc stuff. I am fairly near Morrisville. I have cash. What can you do to help or put me in contact with Mario’s family. Thanks

PM me or give me a call.

301-651-7788
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage