WTB a set of bare 280zx front struts and hubs

Post your forsale and wanted ads
zKars
Supporter

WTB a set of bare 280zx front struts and hubs

Post by zKars »

Hey gang, I'm in need of a set of 280zx front struts. Just need the spindle and hub (with or without bearings), don't need the spring/perch/seats/shocks or any of the related brake items In fact I just need the first 4 inches of the strut tube and a bare hub, don't even need studs or the bolts to attach hubs to rotors, have all that stuff. Going to weld on coil overs.

Prefer to buy Canadian if I can, but will entertain all offers. Let me know how much and if you're willing to ship to Calgary.

Thanks
zKars
Supporter

Re: WTB a set of bare 280zx front struts and hubs

Post by zKars »

Ok, we are half way there. I have a set of struts now, just need a set of 280zx hubs. Please dig through your stashes. I have lots of stuff to trade too if that works for you.
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

We are all the way there! was informed of a 82 280zx at Bucks auto parts here in Calgary, went and "relieved" it of the complete front struts. Even had working and complete brake calipers. Well I can squeeze the pistons and get clear fluid out. Maybe at worst they could use new seals.

The only reason these were still there was the fact that the steering was locked full left, and no key. This made one of the M12 strut to steering arm bolts very hard to get to. Who knows.

Well I was able to remove the lock from the column and get steering back. Those broken off head security screws are never tight, they break off with very little torque. I was able to use a small punch to dig into the heads and spin them out in 2 min flat. Usually I use a dremel to make a slit then use a screw driver. No need to get that high tech.
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

Nice. I’ve gotten lucky just loosening and separating the tie rods or just hack sawing the tie rod all together because I very much don’t like under dash work.
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)