Wanted: Half shaft bolts

Post your forsale and wanted ads
Matt#2

Wanted: Half shaft bolts

Post by Matt#2 »

Hi all

I was wondering if someone out there has some of the nuts and bolts that connect the half shaft to the hub. 8 would be amazing, 4 would be nice, but I can get away with replacing just one. Mine were completely seized on one side. 3 of them finally broke loose after being only partially mangled, but one is beyond hope.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
bolt.jpg
bolt.jpg (278.58 KiB) Viewed 4372 times
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Re: Wanted: Half shaft bolts

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Pretty sure these will work. I got my studs for my JW stub axles from them. Wouldn't hurt giving them a call. Here's the link.
https://zcardepot.com/collections/rear- ... -260z-280z
Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 12.49.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 12.49.10 PM.png (472.39 KiB) Viewed 4363 times
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
AIShelby

Post by AIShelby »

I am sure I have some. I am traveling utill Tuesday will check when I get home. If you pay the shipping you can have 4.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

I have some used ones in richmond or you can hit up Tracy for new ones as Andy usually has such things in stock
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Matt#2

Post by Matt#2 »

Thanks for all the responses. I'll make a call and see what Andy has, and if not, RMS I may be in contact with ya.

Thanks.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

http://datnissparts.com/ is you best friend. I purchased a whole set from Riley.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Nice to meet you today Matt#2!

FYI everybody, I was there when Tracey phoned Nissan to see what those damn bolts are worth....$27.00 each..insane.

I'm going to go throw my bolt boxes and see if I have any spares!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Matt#2

Post by Matt#2 »

Shhh...you're not supposed to tell anybody that until after I'm able to get my hands on some. I kid, I kid.

Likewise, very nice to meet you guys too.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

The head of Nissan/Mitsubishi/Renault has been in the news lately because he was just caught misreporting his salary; he forgot to report $44M of salary...

$44M, one Datsun driveshaft bolt at a time.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

You know, I get this kind of thing all the time at work with the large industrial turbo's my compnay manufactures, and that I work on and maintain.
I send our quotes everyday and constantly get sticker shock emails back. Unfortunately it's not the bolt that's worth $27 - it's the initial engineering spread out over every item of the car, then after the fact it's the cost of warehousing, tracking, matching and stocking spread out over every item at a company, then there is transport and logistics and the list goes on.

For example in my company I can think of an application where we have a single bolt that is designed to be in the gas flow securing an explosion protection piece on the turbine end of an axial turbocharger. The bolt is about 350mm long, M20 thread on a reduced shank bolt with a step under the hex head. Yes it is a special material that is harder than hell, and specifically designed to do it's job at some 550 degrees C. But it looks like a $30-50 bolt in my machinist's eye.. => it's actually $850 each, and 24 of them are required at each service every 2 years. If you're the buyer, you'd probably be shocked as well. Add to this that the specific lock washed that goes under that machined head is $75....for a lock washer! But it's the engineering, design, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution for the whole turbine that sets the price of each individual component at the end of the line, not the actual components net worth. The total costs get spread out over the entire turbine platform, and that drives the price way up. And every year when that part gets re-stocked, it then gets a percentage added to it, and soon it just becomes ridiculous when looking at an individual part costing.

It's just how things work. Now in sales, I hate this - but it's an explanation I have to literally give every day.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
DADZSUN
Supporter

Post by DADZSUN »

Check out Zcardepot. They've got their own in-house brand for $4.50 USD each. I'm using them and seem to be identical to OEM.

https://zcardepot.com/collections/rear- ... -260z-280z
'72 Datsun 510 - MS KA24e, Watanabe, STI R180 & CV axles, R&P assisted steering
'76 Datsun 620 - VQ35DE, CD009, G35 suspension & brakes.
'76 Datsun 280z - Future track toy
Creativity outlet: www.datsunrestomods.com
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

bertvorgon wrote: 21 Nov 2018 15:22 Nice to meet you today Matt#2!

FYI everybody, I was there when Tracey phoned Nissan to see what those damn bolts are worth....$27.00 each..insane.

I'm going to go throw my bolt boxes and see if I have any spares!
Well I can tell you I didn't pay $27 each when I purchased my bolts from Riley including the the "D" shape bolts for the diff flange and this included the nuts and lock washers also.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
iceman510

Post by iceman510 »

Listen to Lou on this one.

http://datnissparts.com/8mm-driveshaft- ... kup-truck/

$15 for a set of 4 with hardware!
Matt#2

Post by Matt#2 »

I believe that's for the driveshaft to diff. I'm looking for differential to the halfshafts and half shafts to wheel hubs. Zcardepot looks to have a cheaper version, no hardware though.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

did the ones you got from me get the job done ?
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!