S.U. intake for LZ2.2's FS

Post your forsale and wanted ads
MikeY

S.U. intake for LZ2.2's FS

Post by MikeY » 12 Jul 2003 12:52

Guys,
I bought a car with a Speedline intake that made it possible to bolt S.U.'s with the 4 bolt pattern to an L series head. This make it possible to use any number of carbs. 240z. roadster, or Volvo. I have found the foundry that made the original casting and an in the prosses of having more made. I am wondering if there are any of you interested in one of these. Some costs are still being worked out. It will be cheapest to make them all at once. The castings are fixed at $100cdn. and I belive the machining to be about the same. Byron, I belive, will be helping out with that end. I am having the first one made so I can have it in hand to see what it will take to finish it. If anyone is interested let me know and I will put a group order together.
Attachments
DSC01214.JPG
This is a pic of my original

rnorrish

Post by rnorrish » 13 Aug 2003 10:14

Hey Mike,

DO you have any good idea where to find a set of carbs for these. I could be intereste din a manifold if I knew where to get carbs for it. I don't think I really want to run a DGV on a LZ2.2.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.

MikeY

Post by MikeY » 13 Aug 2003 17:59

Richard,
I have a set I just paid $100 for. I would sell them for the same. They were pretty dirty and I have cleaned them up. I have no idea how they run, I got them basically as cores. One of the problems with this intake is getting the linkage and making it all work. There is no linkage with the set I have. You might want to look around for a more complete set. I will ask around. As well you will need the linkage rod from a 240z/280zx to run from the across the intake and have the "U" to attach the firewall link to. You can see in the picture how this was shortened. This will not be a direct bolt on. Some easy fab work is needed. I am still waiting on the first casting and hope to have it for the show in Sept. It looks like a winter project to get a group batch cast and machined. I only hope to do one batch so now is the time to decide.

rnorrish

Post by rnorrish » 14 Aug 2003 01:28

I think I would be trying to fit a cable linkage on there instead. Drill and tap those 2 linkage guides, and bolt another bracket on to it for the cable mount...as long as there is a way to change/modify the center linkage so you can pull in an upward direction on it.
I'm not really in a hurry for the carbs, I'm trying to figure out whether these are a viable alternative to a set of Webers/Mikunis/etc. If there are carbs and parts for them out there, I'd be interested. They seem to be cheaper then a set of whatevers on a manifold for about $1000, and I need better fuel delivery than a DGV...I miss the 44 Mikunis on my 1800....
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.

MikeY

Post by MikeY » 31 Jan 2004 21:21

Guys, I finally have got word the casting is done on the intakes. I have had a few guys drop out so have a couple to sell. I wont be having more made so if you want a way to bolt on the larger su's to a 4 cylinder L series this is your chance, $87cdn will buy the casting (my exact cost) and aprox another $75 plus tax and shipping when the machining is done. I will be picking up the castings in the next week or so and dont want to finance much of this myself. I will drop them off to Byron to have them finished. any guestions just ask.

rnorrish

Post by rnorrish » 31 Jan 2004 23:30

I'll talk to Byron tomorrow....
richard norrish

ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 » 01 Feb 2004 22:11

rnorrish wrote:Hey Mike,

DO you have any good idea where to find a set of carbs for these. I could be intereste din a manifold if I knew where to get carbs for it. I don't think I really want to run a DGV on a LZ2.2.
Look on Ebay, tends to be lots on there. Also some of the Zed sites. I bought mine through Dime quarterly classifieds. The linkages and all parts are available from Ztherapy in Oregon.