Weber DGV DGEV DGAV DGAS Throttle Shaft Fix

Post your forsale and wanted ads
bigjim5551212

Weber DGV DGEV DGAV DGAS Throttle Shaft Fix

Post by bigjim5551212 » 02 Nov 2007 16:27

Our company, Overseas Auto, in Vancouver, has developed a bearing kit to stop the slop of the primary throttle shaft in the Weber DGV series carburetors. The conversion consists of 2 sealed roller bearings and 2 throttle shaft screws.

This is pretty painless repair. You remove the carburetor, remove the outside linkage, making sure you know how it goes back together, remove the throttle plate screws, remove the throttle plate, then slide out the throttle shaft. Note the position of the return spring positioning for reassembly. You will notice that there is a plastic bushing being held in by a spring on each side of the throttle shaft. Remove the springs and bushings and clean up the shaft and you should also chase the threads in the shaft for the screws. This is a 4mm tap.

For reassembly, the bearing goes in where the plastic bushing was. The spring still loads on the bearing. You install it as you took it apart. You will have to make sure that the shaft is clean so the bearing slides down it properly to the end. Make sure you install the return spring properly.

We have sold a lot of these kits and they have been approved by the SCCA for Formula Ford.

The price is $20 for the kit. Plus $9 for shipping. If you do not have an actual worn shaft, this will cure a lot of problems on older carburetors. This is also a good plan for newer carburetors as technically, it will be hard to wear it out.

If you are interested in this kit, call me at 1-800-665-5031 or local in Vancouver 604 879 6288, ask for Jim, John or Dave. We take all kinds of payment, Visa, MC, Amex, Paypal

Last edited by bigjim5551212 on 07 Nov 2007 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

bertvorgon
Supporter

RE: Weber DGV DGEV DGAV DGAS Throttle Shaft Fix

Post by bertvorgon » 02 Nov 2007 17:20

Thanks Jim, as this question of used carbs comes up a lot on this site, and a worn throttle just kills these carbs,
I think this is a good thing for a lot of people.

We should make this a sticky. I know Jim is in the business but, this post could help a lot.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Weber DGV DGEV DGAV DGAS Throttle Shaft Fix

Post by bertvorgon » 04 Mar 2008 21:53

Having pulled my carb off this spring, for some mods and a tune up, I find the primary throttle bushings are bagged! This explains my idle issues, hopefully, from last year.

So, I got one of Jim's bearing kits...and...my carb is rescued and alive again. This is a dead easy mod, took all of 30 minutes, to remove, clean, assemble, and Locktite the throttle screws back into place, and the throttle is butter smooth. No play at all. This would resurect a lot of dead 32/36 carbs that's for sure.

The bearing is a beautiful little roller bearing.

Highly recommended!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

bigjim5551212

Re: Weber DGV DGEV DGAV DGAS Throttle Shaft Fix

Post by bigjim5551212 » 15 Nov 2011 22:22

Give us a call if you need to this job.
"He forgot more than what i know about a Datsun"