2018 Canby show, June 8,9&10th, Clackamas county fairgrounds

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
OSGiken510

2018 Canby show, June 8,9&10th, Clackamas county fairgrounds

Post by OSGiken510 »

After a very successful show last year at Canby, I'm happy to announce our 2018 Datsun's Northwest Canby car show and campout. This years show will be held on June 8,9,&10th at the Clackamas County fairgrounds in Canby Oregon, this will be our 13th year at this venue. I'm hoping for our biggest turnout this year, start wrenching and working on those Datsun's and Nissan's to get them ready to go.

There aren't going to be many changes this year, two nights of camping, banquet dinner, Saturday car corral, Sunday car show, vendors and swap meet, activities for the young ones, raffle prizes, lots of great Datsun's and seeing all those Datsun people you only get to see sometimes once a year. We are trying to organize a Saturday cruise mid day to a destination and back, I'm working with other Datsun clubs in our area to take this task on for us, I will keep you updated as things come together.

I did however find someone to help set up preregistration this year! Julie Coop has come back aboard to coordinate this for us, we are in the process of setting this up, a price list for the show and preregistration will be set up on our site soon.

I've been working on another special guest for some time now and for the first time in years his schedule has opened up the weekend of our show.

I am very happy to announce Peter Brock and his wife Gayle will be our special guest at our show this year! The things Peter has accomplished in his life are pretty amazing to say the least and at 81 years old he is still making things happen! They will be at the show Saturday early afternoon to visit with us and sign items you have and look around the car corral, Saturday evening we will have our Banquet dinner with him and after Byron will moderate a Q&A like we did with John Morton in 2017, Byron did such a fantastic job last year, I asked him to do it again this year, didn't have to twist his arm much, thanks Byron! Peter and Gayle will be back on Sunday for the car show and more signing of autographs, there will be a Peter Brock best of show award, he will pick his favorite car of the show and hand out the award with pic's on the podium.

If you have question e-mail Steven at Osgiken510@gmail.com

Steven Pepka
DatsunsNorthwest President
Thanks for all your support!
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: 2018 Canby show, June 8,9&10th, Clackamas county fairgrounds

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I was disappointed to miss the show last year. I am going to make plans to get out to it this year for sure.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Me too, it is on my bucket list this year.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I’m obviously going :-) Steve has presented me with an awesome opportunity and I’m on the job!
Not sure what I’ll drive down this year. Since the last two years have involved such low averages in speed, I’m kicking around taking Ole Blue! But I think the biggest draw back to that - is my back! Ole Blues bench seat would kill me I think. Jury’s our, see what happens. Of course the Bronze is willing and able.

Maybe a night drive to try out our new technology Keith....

I’m so looking forward to this year.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
chunstone

Post by chunstone »

Will Mr. Brock bring Datzilla in the Areovault?
4 link VG30 wagon, Stage 2 cams PP heads headers.
170 hp-180 tq
Call Doug at UP Motors, Tacoma, "engine swap elite"
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

^^^^^^From what I understand Pete sold Datzilla to someone in Oregon and they bought a Aerovault with the car! I'm trying to figure out who bought it to see if they are coming to this years show. Would be cool to see this car at Canby! I better get busy, Canby's right around the corner. You guy's better get busy and get those Datto's ready, lots of great shows this summer.

Steven
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

I will be there, had such a good time last year. 510 ready ? I dunno, its getting there.
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Well I have booked my hotel for the 2 nights. As long as it isn't snowing I am going.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

From what I understand Adam Corolla will be in Portland doing a live Pod cast June 9th, this is the weekend of our show! I have put the word out with some people that actually have contact with Adam, trying to get a hold of this guy has been a challenge to say the least. I'm hoping he has heard about our show and makes time to make an appearance.

S
510tdi

Post by 510tdi »

Well it's a sad day. I just sold my "nice" wagon. I'll be there but I doubt you'll let me park my 240 Brick on the green. Maybe I should just tow my 'Goon shell to the show, hmmm......I can't remember whether or not it's got a glove compartment door for Pete Brock sign ;^)
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

How many of you guys are planning on making the trek to Canby?
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I will be making the drive down.
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

I have 110 banquet dinner tickets with Peter Brock as our guest Sat night, I'm not reserving tickets so please get yours when you get there if you are interested in attending.

Steven
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

The Canadian Convoy will try to leave the Campbell Valley store at around 8:00 to 8:30, theory being we will just catch the express lane through Seattle and then hopefully the traffic is down to a dull roar by the time we get to Tacoma, Olympia and then Portland. Be nice to be at Canby by mid afternoon.

So far: me, Norm, Byron & Barry.

Andrew, what is your schedule?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

My brother and his wife will likely be joining you at the border muster point in his green '71.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.