OCTOBERFAST 2008

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Wagonfan

Re: OCTOBERFAST 2008

Post by Wagonfan »

Probably about an hour and fifteen minutes would give us plenty of time. It might be cold enough for a bit of frost along the way so I wouldn't want to push too hard that early in the day...best to wait for the warm, dry roads in the interior :wink:
Kevin Partridge
Yellow 4-door '69
Rheis

Post by Rheis »

oh right it is suppode to rain friday :( ok so 5:45 ish alright pm me your cell number or something
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I see us being in Merrit about the late morning, so we can try to grab something to eat there I guess. Not exactly picnic weather at this point.

The weather guy is saying last of showers maybe saturday morning, so we may be a bit wet getting out of the lower mainland.

I usually allow an hour and 1/2 to Hope from Richmond. We will fuel up in Hope, and most of us should be ok for the run to Merrit. I will have a spare 5 in my car, of my mixed gas.

Jason and I will leave from the plant, maybe James, likely pickup Byron at the end of 91 like last time. Not sure where Cam is coming from, can't remember where is family lives.

Fall colours will be incredible, so bring you cameras. I will bring my GOPRO, to film the odd stretch. I am bring my Samsung camera too, maybe mount that for shooting out the back.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
camt

Post by camt »

hello all, cam chiming in from victoria. barb and i will catch a friday pm ferry to vancouver, spend the night at her folks place in pt. coquitlam, then i will set off to hope early saturday am. not sure if anyone will be heading out from the poco area? it would be extra time and fuel for me to backtrack to richmond, however we could try a rendevous at the chevron station where the langley hwy crosses the freeway?? if this all seems complicated i will meet everyone in hope.
please advise....
regards.....cam t PSNNSN
PSN NSN
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Say Keith, I believe that Gordon will meet us at the plant also. He's in the midst of a EI conversion of his car so he may be a bit hotter than before :twisted: ! Lunch sounds good to me, I hate eating sandwiches ....
Jason
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Eh Guys,

I'm stil in Alaska, but will hopefully be coming home at some point tomorrow. Weathers been pretty rough - today’s northbound plane just flew over and continued on to Juno....

Anyways, I'm going to have to try and take Friday off of work to work on the Bronze. I found the fault to my throttle issues when I was home last Sunday (about 4 hours before I flew up here), but didn't have time to fully correct the situation. I need some more time and still need to do a nut and bolt check. So I really hope I can get the time off and make it.

I vowed to be there as I missed last years Oktoberfast drive.

Keith, if I get it all together, I will join in at the same point on the 91 at the south end of the Alex Fraser Bridge, that location works well for me.

Cam, for you the best bet would be to pick us up at the south end of the 232nd interchange. Just be on the road on the east bound on ramp (Hope) or across the street from the Chevron. Join in from there when the crew drives by, as it doesn't require any back tracking if you leave from PoCo.

Ron and Tyson- it's a shame you guys can't make it out, we'll miss you. Tyson I had fun driving with you this past June - but I guess I wouldn’t have a hope in hell of playing the same way any more! I might have had the cornering advantage but your new sledge hammer power plat will no doubt make up for that now! next time :D

Hope to make it, it'll be a last minute scramble but I'll do my best to get it all together.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That sounds like a plan..we will pick you up Byron, as last time, and Cam we will pick up at the 232nd entrance.
Cam, make sure you are on the east side, so we don't miss you. We should be going past there about 6:00 ish, if we leave Richmond at 5:30. I think Ray is meeting at the plant also.

Weather is going to be close, next front is supposed to pass quickly Friday night, I hope the roads are fairly dry in the A.M..

Bottom line for all, just in case we miss anyone, is be at the Chevron on Hwy 3, which is the usual one for us, by 7:00 - 7:15. It would be nice to be rolling by 7:30 at the latest.
Attachments
Another teaser from last year
Another teaser from last year
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

well, I must admit I'm not looking forward to the A,M. as it looks to be a bit rainy on the leave. I hope we are not chasing the backside of this front up the Canyon, I just checked the highway cams, and it is raining at the snow shed, but, dry at Larson Hill, past the old toll booths. I'm sure we will be ok once we get past Boston Bar..lets hope.

They say it will be good latter in the day, so we should be ok in the Interior.
Meeting at the plant will be:
Jason
Ray
James
Gordon
Rob and Andrew (maybe)

waiting for a call back from Byron, to see what he has been up to at this point.

Cam is theoritically making his way from the Island, to meet up with us at 232nd and #1

Keith Law
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Oh yeah, gassed up and ready to go. I'm going to bed early tonight this time...
Jason
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I just heard from Byron, he is on tap too! Good to go and will wait at the end of Alex Fraser for us.
I'm shooting to be in bed by 9:00, and up at 4:00...crap...this is as bad as the race days were. And I still get it with the bike racing. What time do bowlers get up, surely it can't be that early. I somehow don't think bowling has an adrenalin component like our cars at full song do..... never mind....

Brent is not coming, as he decided to do the 6 hour Mountain bike enduro in Squamish. I told him that was likely a good thing to do, as he has not driven his car for a few years.

Keith Law
Wagonfan

Post by Wagonfan »

I just talked to Rheis and we will be meeting at Hastings and Willingdon and then head straight out the #1 at about 5:45.
Fortunately the rain looks to be light and the clouds will help keep it above freezing. I notice that for Sunday the forecast is temperatures going down to -4 in some parts of the interior.
Kevin Partridge
Yellow 4-door '69
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I'm in.
The Bronze is ready to go. Got the throttle linkage
I'll be at the south end of the Alex Fraser Bridge just past 5:30.
My pops is going to join us, but not in his hot rod – however that could happen next year as his Datsun L6 powered rat rod is nearing completion. Anyways I will be picking him up at the Watcom Rd exit – the one after the Sumas interchange. I`m not sure if you guys want to pull off and wait for me on the on ramp to the freeway while I pick up pops, or I can catch up with you in Hope. Dad will be waiting over at the Timmy Ho`s parking lot, ready to go so I won`t be long - you make the call Keith, instruct the group in Richmond before you guys head out, I’ll be pulling off regardless .

Got the batteries for the GoPro charging, and since I`ll have a co-pilot, I bring the Sony cam-corder as well, since he can be the mount!

See you all in a few hours.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

You just peel off and pick up dad, we will just slow our pace a bit, but keep going.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World...rained pretty good last night, does not seem to be doing so right now, (4;13). B.C. highway cam site down right now,,,likely too dark anyhow

Keith Law
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Morning all, it's damp here in Richmond, but, nothing falling from the sky right now. See you all in an hour.
Jason