MY 4th BQ and campout

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
MikeY

MY 4th BQ and campout

Post by MikeY » 27 Mar 2004 22:39

Guys, There have been some changes to the planned trip to Long Beach. Nothing is carved in stone but things are starting to take shape. I have held a BQ at my place in QualicuM Beach on the Sat before a large car show on Sunday in Parksville (600+ cars). This is on the B.C. day long weekend. It was so close to the proposed Long Beach trip it seemed like a good idea to combine them. Camping will be free as I have 5 acres and lots of room. I want to invite you all and give you time to make plans. I would make ferry reservations as soon as you know you are comming as the long weekend is a busy time. This year things will start on Friday July 30th. Arrive and set up camp. Sat we will go on a fun run. Long Beach is one option but trafic on the long weekend will be heavy. Gold River or Mount Washington might be better. So destination is yet to be determined. Sat eve is the BQ. A time to clean the cars and bench race. On Sunday those that want to attend the Parkville car show will leave early to get a good group spot. This is a mostly American iron show and it has been fun to poke them with the imports. Today I got word we can Autocross the cars at Saratoga race track. There will be a regular scheuled race on Sunday nite. We have been invited to camp out at the track and watch the Sunday eve races. Price to be determined. We get the track from 8am to noon on Monday morning. Hence the reason to camp there. It is a oval and 1/8 mile combined track, Like western Speedway but with great pavement. We will have it to ourselves for about $20 a car. After that it is time to head home. Anyone that want to come a day early or stay a day late is more than welcome. I expect 15 or more from VIDE to attend. We would love to see a bunch from the mainland. Any questions or concerns give me a email. myarn@shaw.ca
Mike Yarn

MikeY

Post by MikeY » 27 Mar 2004 22:53

Here are a few links
http://www.saratogaspeedway.bc.ca/
check the salom schedule and join us for an event.
I dont know when this link will ever work again. A google seach (ocean idlers) will bring up some links to previous shows.
http://www.oceanidlers.org/
This is our clubs site
http://www.vanisledatsun.com/

5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN » 28 Mar 2004 12:25

I'm hoping to make it! Sounds like lots of fun :-)
Spencer

MikeY

Post by MikeY » 24 Jul 2004 21:38

Well Guy's I just wanted to remind you all that the BQ weekend is aproaching. Everthing is still happening as planned. It would be nice to see a few faces from the mainland. We need a minimum of 15 cars to run the autocross. I think that might be tight. Other than that all is well. The weather looks great. I had some of the Calagry Z club stop by on there way back from Long Beach for a BQ on Thursday. About 10 of them came over to meet 12 of the local club. So I know the BQ works.
Attachments
DSC01887.JPG
DSC01889.JPG
DSC01895.JPG