14th Annual East Coast Datsun 510 Meet 2010

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
qwik510
Supporter

Re: 14th Annual East Coast Datsun 510 Meet 2010

Post by qwik510 »

Hey Everybody,

I got another email from Tom at Grassroots Motorsports today. I forgot that he is on the Mitty Updates email list I have. Anyway, he read my earlier post and has come up with a great offer for us.

Here is what he wrote:

"Most, if not all, of your group is invited to be part of the BRE tribute car event on Saturday as well. It doesn't have to be a full BRE livery to be considered a tribute.

We want this session in particular to be chock full of Datsuns.

We'll have the most BRE-looking cars to the front, and fill in with other Datsuns (510s, Z cars, Fairlady, et al.) until we get to 100. (minus the official BRE cars, so about 80 open spaces).

This should be a great photo opportunity for Datsun fans!"

So it seems that we will get to be on the track on Saturday.

Saturday- special 12:00 p.m. session for BRE tribute cars. (We may open this up to additional cars based on participation.)

This is fantastic. Wouldn't it be great if John Morton would be driving the #46 Datsun 510 and lead the pack?

So anyway, drivers will need to sign a waiver below and we, the 510 group, will plan to be on the track Saturday at noon. Get with Tom on Friday if possible to sign your waiver and get a parade lap ticket. You don't want to miss this one.

Wow. This is going to be GREAT!

See you all in 13 days.

David

Parade Lap Sessions- There will be SIX parade lap sessions over the course of the Mitty weekend. To take part in these sessions, drivers must come to the Classic Motorsports tent at 9:00 a.m. to sign the waiver and receive their parade lap pass. These are issued on a first come, first served basis. Each session is set for 100 cars. Each driver who wishes to participate must be present to sign the waiver. Sessions will take place at the following times-
Friday- 12:00 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.
Saturday- special 12:00 p.m. session for BRE tribute cars. (We may open this up to additional cars based on participation.)
Sunday- 10:00 a.m., 10:20 a.m., and 5:15 p.m.

BRE Tribute cars- BRE Tribute cars (Inspired by or painted like the original BRE racers) should stage Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m. in the parade lap staging area for judging by Peter Brock himself. There will be signage directing cars from the car corral area to the appropriate staging area. Get there on time and greatly increase your chances for face time with Peter and the BRE Team, and don't forget to bring a sharpie if you'd like an autograph. The awards will be given out during the noon BRE ceremonies, followed by a special parade lap session with the authentic BRE cars. Come see me on Thursday or Friday to sign up for this portion of the event. Parade lap tickets that are unassigned by Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. will be made available to others.

Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Looks like now I won't be able to arrive until Friday night, with the rest of the slackers. Work reasons.
So I'll be trying to get in all of the parade laps on Saturday and Sunday.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

S15DET wrote:Looks like now I won't be able to arrive until Friday night, with the rest of the slackers. Work reasons.
So I'll be trying to get in all of the parade laps on Saturday and Sunday.

Brad,

The BRE tribute laps at noon on Saturday will be the one to do. Being on the track with the original BRE cars will be a once in a lifetime experience.

Remind me that I have something for you when I see you.

Only 9 more days.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

qwik510 wrote:
S15DET wrote:
Uh oh, should I be worried?
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

S15DET wrote:
qwik510 wrote:
S15DET wrote:
Uh oh, should I be worried.
Why would you need to be worried?
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

I think I'm only going to be able to make it down there on saturday because of work. I'd like to meet up with you guys if I could so I could hang around with some people I know.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

I just heard of the West Coast contingent rolling out East, Les Cannaday, Ron Carter, Adam Carrola and Steve Link all making the big schlep. All you East Coast racers watch out for Steve Link's #49..."Man, he's got the bitchinest car in the Valley..." (American Graffiti).
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

I’ve spent the last four days (each night up past midnight) swapping out the transmission. I started it when I thought I had plenty of time, but then realized that I’m going to be in PA all this week. I’m flying out today and won’t return until Thrusday. So I had to finish it all this weekend, to make it to Atlanta Friday. A transmission swap is not too bad, except on my car it means that the engine comes out, the interior carpet, entire dash with heater box, you get the picture. Everything is done and buttoned up, however, my clutch slave cylinder isn't arriving until Thursday. I can install it Thursday night and if everything works, I should be on my way with my Son after work Friday. LOTS of work in the last few days.
I'll create a post on the S13 5-speed to 6-speed conversion soon.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Getting ready to head out now. Lou will be here in 5 minutes.

We will be at the Mitty tomorrow afternoon. If you need to reach me, my cell is 301-651-7788

Everyone have a safe trip and I look forward to seeing all of you at the best Datsun Event Ever.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
muck
Supporter

Post by muck »

Wish I was going to be there.
Have fun guys!! and take lots of pics for us smoes across the continent.
'67 1600 Roadster
'68 4-door 510
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Well I'll see you guys down there Saturday. Brad, I might give you a call some time Saturday morning and try to meet up with you down there so I'll have somebody to talk to lol.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

My new cell number is 704-340-8476.
djlotus
Supporter

Post by djlotus »

I managed to make it to Braselton today. I'll go milling around at the Mall of Georgia until the track opens up tomorrow afternoon. My father came up from Alabama so we can hang out for the day.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

I was up until 3:30 last night trying to finish the transmission swap. I don't know if I'll make it tonight, I need to sleep. We'll probably head out early Saturday morning and only camp one night. I need to check the schedule to see what time I need to be there Sat. so that I don't miss anything.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

I know I missed a once in a lifetime car show/meet, but you can blame it on a couple of fools around here that decided they would steal about 200ft of copper piping from a big walk in cooler and a walk in freezer at a restaurant where we service their refrigeration units. The owner called Friday morning saying that both the walk in cooler and freezer weren't working and when I got there it was obvious why. A couple of idiots cut the piping right at the condensing units and right where the pipes go through the building. So we drove about an hour and got new piping then came back and got the freezer back up and going about 11 o'clock Friday night. We spent most of Saturday getting the cooler hooked back up. I was considering coming down there Saturday night but I just didn't feel like it. And when I woke up this morning I thought I might ride down there, but it was raining and it has been off and on since then. So if whoever stole that copper is reading this, thanks a lot!!!