Cypress Bowl drive

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Cypress Bowl drive

Postby bertvorgon » 12 Jul 2009 16:19

this is one of the first videos I did with the Gopro, as Matt and I tried to figure out the whole editing thing. It ain't exciting, but, you get the idea! This was Paul's last drive in the wagon, before being taken over by Jason. It worked just fine during the Run Beyond Hope yesterday. This also lets me get familiar with Vimeo, as format does make a difference. We had to change this from MPEG to WMV.

http://www.vimeo.com/5566925

When I come back in my next life, I am going to be incharge of FORMATS for video and such....

THERE WILL BE ONLY 1 FORMATT......
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

Byron510

Re: Cypress Bowl drive

Postby Byron510 » 12 Jul 2009 20:53

I love how Jason K's/Paul C's/Jason W's wagon just rolls over the pinion snubber and just stands on the front spring in that 180 corner!
The best part of that day's short drive was the elderly Japanese guy: While the tour bus's occupants walked off the bus to the ski hill, that old Japanese guy got off the bus, looked around, and walked strait to our 510's all parked in a line. He looked them over very carefully, nodded a few times, then quietly saying just before walking away (and with a nod of approval); "I used to race KPG Skylines when they were new in Japan" said with a nice conservatve grin on his face.
I think him seeing our 510's was a very memorable part of his day too!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

Byron510

Postby Byron510 » 12 Jul 2009 20:53

Keith, what software are you using to edit and paste together these videos?
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

caesarDX

Postby caesarDX » 21 Jul 2009 00:24

Nice videos... I took the R5T2 and I went up cypress a few weeks ago. It was fun. Told the S.O. that I was out buying a lottery ticket... it took me 1.5 hours to get it. :D
DSC03069sized.JPG
1984 Renault R5 Turbo2 - L' Enfant Terrible
1989 E30 M3 "God's Chariot"
1970 KA24DE 4dr - Sold to a good home.
1971 Pl 510 "100% stock" - sold to a good home
2001 Renault Clio V6 Phase 1

bertvorgon
Supporter

Postby bertvorgon » 21 Jul 2009 06:12

Matt and I have been using both Windows Movie Maker ( Vista version), and, the program that came with my Samsung. That lets us convert to a common format. Then we import the video files in, then add the sound track.
This is when it gets tricky, as every time you shift either the video, or the music breaks, the whole thing changes.
We have learned a few tricks now,l ike pre-editing scenes ( cutting out), then almost making two seperate movies, and then combining them together. I say WE, but, Matt is really the mastermind on this. I just help with the overall compilation. Last years video took over 5-6 hours of editing.
I have not even looked at the Gopro stuff yet, do that this weekend, as we start to edit it up.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

Return to “Events”