Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Derek

Re: Mitty 2010 Pics

Post by Derek »

S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Great pictures everybody. I didn't have my camera so the only pictures I have are these that were sent to me.
The first one is from Perry Stevens, and it's a picture of Pete Brock signing my car with my son looking on. I'm very thankful for this picture, what a great moment captured!
The 2nd one was taken by Carl Barnes, the photographer in the booth next to the Hella tent. His many other pictures of the weekend are on his site...
http://www.doublevision137.com

I deleted these pictures from the other thread, but I might add them to my project thread, I hope that's OK.
Attachments
Mitty 2010 032s.JPG
IMG_9808s.JPG
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

S15DET wrote: it's a picture of Pete Brock signing my car with my son looking on. I'm very thankful for this picture, what a great moment captured!
awesome!
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
Derek

Post by Derek »

So last weekend I had the pleasure of racing my family's 240Z vintage racer at the Mitty. What an awesome track, and the car was great fun. Probably double the HP of my 510 an only 100 lbs more. We ran a brand new set of 235/45-15 Toyo R888's and they were sticky but predictable. I spent the weekend battling 60's vettes and mustangs, 911s, 914-6s, Jag E-types, Panteras and oddly enough brand new Cayman S's. They had a spec series featuring Caymans painted up like old Porsche racers. I was happy to discover that the old Z could keep up on the straights.

The weekend wasn't without its issues, I blew up the transmission in the second practice session on Friday. Once we discovered what was wrong (thinking it was first the diff and then the clutch), we needed a replacement or our weekend was over. Not having brought a spare, I had to find one. It was 9:30pm at this point, so I went straight to where the East Coast 510 club had set up camp for their annual get together and after talking to literally 3 people I had a guy meeting me "half-way" an hour away in Roswell GA to sell me an 82 ZX 5-speed for $150. Datsun people are the best!

Saturday morning we put the trans in and managed to run 4 races over the rest of the weekend: three 8-lap sprints and a 1-hr enduro that I split with my brother. The car ran amazingly well, I managed to pass cars in every race, and it was a great time overall. Long live Datsuns -- 510s and Zs!!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/derek.bruce ... oadAtlanta#

See ya suckers!

Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Thanks so much for posting these. I just listened to the CarCast by Carolla about his visit. Cool to put mental pics with the podcast. Super bitchin stuff. Love that blue flared w/2 BRE stripe car. The look we are going for.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
Spec-bre

Post by Spec-bre »

I guess I will piggy back on your photo thread :wink:
As a "NEWB" to the Datsun community I was lucky to have been able to be apart of this AMAZING event and am very grateful to have gotten the chance to meet all the East coast guy's, the Local contingent, and all the other from far and wide! I have been humbled by the quality of people that this lil car has as followers. A great bunch of guy's and gals! I'm attaching a link to a slide show as well as the album due to the length of the slide show for those wanting to peruse as they wish.

Slide show

Album
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee29 ... 0%20Mitty/
Derek

Post by Derek »

I know in-car footage is generally most exciting for the person who took it, but anyway... :)

http://vimeo.com/11623024 -- First half of the enduro from Sunday morning
http://vimeo.com/11652198 -- International/American Challenge, where I was awarded "Top Datsun", which got me a medal and a very cheap bottle of "champagne". I made it to the podium though, and managed to air my gripe about no green flag on the "restart" over the race track PA. I should have thanked my crew instead!
KaipoDa510
Supporter

Post by KaipoDa510 »

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has any clips of my green 510 with the roof racks during the parade laps on saturday?
Thanks,
Enrique
There is no feeling like driving a Datsun!!
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

I finally got around to posting up a bunch of pictures from The Mitty and the BRE Reunion.
See the Mitty Page for those pics.

http://eastcoastdatsun510.com/The_Mitty_.html

They are in no particular order but there are hundreds of them so go enjoy them. If you have more from the event you want me to post, please email them to me.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
F8d2Blk

Post by F8d2Blk »

Thanks for the few pictures of my car.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

F8d2Blk wrote:Thanks for the few pictures of my car.

Which one is yours?
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
510dreamer

Post by 510dreamer »

definitely some beautiful cars!
F8d2Blk

Post by F8d2Blk »

qwik510 wrote:
F8d2Blk wrote:Thanks for the few pictures of my car.

Which one is yours?
Black one with jdm plate