Royal City Car Show Sunday (today 10am to 6pm)

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Byron510

Royal City Car Show Sunday (today 10am to 6pm)

Postby Byron510 » 10 Jul 2010 19:44

It's a big show, and since there won't be a Langley Cruise in this year, this'll likely be the premier show of the summer in the Lower Mainland.

Anyone interested in attending?

I'll have my car on the street before the street shuts down, so I'll pick a good spot. If you know you are coming, contact me tonight and I'll put a chair in a good shady spot for you.

There's actually a drive in movie at the New Westminster Quay Waterfront Parking lot as dusk (appox 9:30pm) I think I'll go check that out, maybe in the 510.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

Byron510

Re: Royal City Car Show Sunday (today 10am to 6pm)

Postby Byron510 » 11 Jul 2010 00:29

I actually went down to the one night drive in and checked out American Graffiti.
Hard to believe I've never actually watched the show.
I'll be honest, I was hoping for a pile of hot rods to be there, but mostly it was families in their DD's :roll:
But I'm pretty wiped with the early start to the cruise this morning; I'll be in the show Sunday, having macraméd my butt into a lawn chair somewhere in earshot of the Bronze.

Byron

m33pm33p
Supporter

Postby m33pm33p » 11 Jul 2010 05:02

Cya there late tomorrow with a big grin.

caesarDX

Postby caesarDX » 11 Jul 2010 21:20

So did anyone go? How was it? I missed it. :(
Any cool cars?
caesardx
1984 Renault R5 Turbo2 - L' Enfant Terrible
1989 E30 M3 "God's Chariot"
1970 KA24DE 4dr - Sold to a good home.
1971 Pl 510 "100% stock" - sold to a good home
2001 Renault Clio V6 Phase 1

Byron510

Postby Byron510 » 14 Jul 2010 08:04

The show was good, I was flanked by a Rat powered 80’s Malibu – set up sticky for strait line, and on the other side by a lime green 73 Vega, with a tent attachment on the back…

I didn’t take any photos of my own car. Saw a couple things that were interesting, like an all original 63 Olds F85… never heard of that car before, and it was a compact car for it’s day. A twin rear axle’d late 70’s 4dr. Holden Ute, with NSW plates, RHD a roo bar and a roll bar in the box – it was interesting….
Art Hughes had his 510 there, so I wasn’t the only 510 this year. Art was parked about three blocks down the street from me. There were very few Japanese cars this year. An 80’s RHD Nissan President was there, a couple rat rod s13’s, but there was a really nice 72 Celica at the far end of the street. Lots of hot rod, but most of them are not drivers, generally garage and trailer queens. But there were a few like mine that see miles.

The Bronze gets lots of attention at these shows – which is cool considering the crowd that is drawn, I’d say I had easily twice as many people ask questions about my car than the Malibu next door. Not that his car wasn’t nice, but his car certainly wasn’t unique in a show like this. I tried to strike up a conversation with the guy, he wasn’t much into talking to me, though – same with the Vega guy; never said boo all day.
My daughter will me all day as well, lots of colouring books and crayons kept her busy for the day – worked out well. I set up 4 ½ lawn chairs (the half was for my 4 year old daughter), lots of people sat down in the shade to yack. Members Greg, John, Art, Dav, and Robin also dropped by throughout the day. No shortage of people asking question – but no really crazy comments that stood out this year. Some killer good looking, long dark haired woman (with equally long beautiful legs) in a nice form fitting outfit in her late 20’s (with three equally good looking friends) actually posed on the car for photos. Said she had one as a teen with a full cage and similar flares – damn where was she when I was 20! I should have taken pictures of the crowd that formed from this small event. The memory is good, though :D A highlight of the day.

It was a good day, and it’ll likely be the only hot rod show I’ll attend this year, aside from Datsun only events.

Byron

Return to “Events”