2010 DNBC All Datsun/Nissan Meet, Sept 18&19th

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
subwoffers

Re: 2010 DNBC All Datsun/Nissan Meet, Sept 18&19th

Post by subwoffers »

nickledimeme wrote:I may make it.....I have a Baptisim to attend on Saturday. I am soon to be a GODFATHER.
So.... you will make me an offer I cannot refuse?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I was not there last year, so I was just curious to see what the course looked like, which sounded just fine.
Maybe a moot point for me anyhow, as the weather man is predicting heavy rain to come in for the weekend ( here I go with my rain whine )......
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
GodZilla

Post by GodZilla »

My car is really not show worthy yet in terms of bodywork and paint but I would still like to bring it to the Sunday meet. Is there a form I fill out or do I just show up before 10am?
subwoffers

Post by subwoffers »

GodZilla wrote:My car is really not show worthy yet in terms of bodywork and paint but I would still like to bring it to the Sunday meet. Is there a form I fill out or do I just show up before 10am?
You can show up on the day of or visit http://www.dnbc.ca/ and pre-reg.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

nickledimeme wrote:I may make it.....I have a Baptisim to attend on Saturday. I am soon to be a GODFATHER.
That'd be great if you make it up. Convoy with a few others from the Seattle area if you can get 'em up here. It'll be a fun day. Last year we ran fun runs until people arms fell off or they were out of tires!
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
GodZilla

Post by GodZilla »

subwoffers wrote:
GodZilla wrote:My car is really not show worthy yet in terms of bodywork and paint but I would still like to bring it to the Sunday meet. Is there a form I fill out or do I just show up before 10am?
You can show up on the day of or visit http://www.dnbc.ca/ and pre-reg.
Thanks. Just registered and sent payment to the appropriate person. Cheers :)
510z

Post by 510z »

just wondering for each category is there a 1,2,3, place award
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Looks like the weathers going to hold out for us - rain in the evening on Saturday, but the morning and afternoon look good. I'm sure we'll be fine. See you all out there.

Byron
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Weatherman still calling for rain to end in the early morning- so it looks like we'll be fine.

See you all out there.

Byron
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Rain..BLECH! I will come early, to help set up the course, then head back to the plant..then see what weather is going to do.....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I'll see you there, Keith.
I'm going to get the 510 right now, and I'll meet you all at the lot in Surrey.

Byron
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Wow, it's wet out there .... Dark too :evil: !
Jason
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

It's still raining :cry: !
Jason
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Wow, what a day!

At 5am when I left my house this morning to gather the required items to set up the auto X today, it was raining pretty good.
By the time I was in my 510, driving to the lot, it was raining hard. Standing water on the roads, vision seriously limited.

By the time we got to the lot, it was absolutely pouring, about as hard as it gets here in Vancouver. It was awful - down right miserable; kind of Noah’s Ark rain!

6:30 am - by this time there were about 10 people at the lot, huddling in their cars. We all dawned our best rain gear (mine was horribly inadequate) so that we could at least start by setting up tents to stand under and make a game plan for the day. That game plan was to wait and see what this torrential rain would do. After about an hour, it did start to taper off, and we made to call to do the event. By the time the course was set up, and the scrutineers gave us the OK – we were set to go. By the time the course was set up, the rain stopped all together and we were a go.

There were no shortage of runs in today. I think I finally finished off those Advans 032’s on my car. But I had FTD until the second last run of the second run group (damn!).

Once we got going, we really got rolling. Because of the rather inclamite weather at the beginning of the day, we had only 16 drivers in 13 cars for the drivers meeting. Then were drove the frickin wheels off our cars. We got 11 timed runs, and then there was good 45 minutes of fun runs while we sorted out the final scoring. I will post these as soon as I have them.

But what a day; we went from a dismal start to the sun coming out and I had a sun burn by 3pm when we were finished. Rich has some photos that he wanted to share – in the sun of course.

What a great day. My car is dirty as hell, and it’ll need a good bath for the show tomorrow. I hope to see you all in North Vancouver at Waterfront Park Sunday.

Byron
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Dang, that was fun :D ! Drove out to the lot in pouring rain, I mean puddles on the roadway 30' wide and a foot deep! Thought it was for naught until the rain died off and by the second run group the course was dry! I had to strip down to a T shirt during by lunch time because it was so hot out there ... I met with success I think, I was only the second slowest :twisted: ! Big thanks to Aron, Byron, James and everyone that made this happen!
Jason