Japanese Classic Car Show - JCCS 9/12/10

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
okayfine
Supporter

Japanese Classic Car Show - JCCS 9/12/10

Post by okayfine »

Japanese Classic Car Show Association
Event Address: 1126 Queens Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90802

The Japanese Classic Car Show Association is proud to announce the 6th Annual Japanese Classic Car Show: a celebration of growth and strength through half a decade.

Please join us on Sunday, September 12, at Queen Mary Park in Long Beach, CA, rain or shine. Admission $8 for adults, and kids under 12 are free.

----------------------------------

Who's going? Dime, Quarterly will be there. I'll be there.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
defdes
Supporter

Re: Japanese Classic Car Show - JCCS 9/12/10

Post by defdes »

I'm not showing.... I can't stand around anywhere for 8 hours, but I'll be there.
freekwonder

Post by freekwonder »

My son and I are flying in from MO just for this. Not showing a car (since it doesn't run), but my brother and I will be there with our sons.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

ill be there :!: (who has gotten confirmation registering by snail mail???)
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme »

hang_510 wrote:ill be there :!: (who has gotten confirmation registering by snail mail???)
I did my registration online, is there a snail mail packet coming also, I forgot to look ?

There are a few people from the Garage Autohero crowd that will be there, with at least two cars I know of so far. My dime and super cool ae86 GTS that belongs to Lucas.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the different types of rare vintage tin. Should be cool. I have been putting it off for the last 3 years now. I finally bought a 16x7 enclosed trailer for my RZR4, it has a bonus...it will haul my car also. :)

One of my best friends, I was in the Army with lives in the LA area. I will be staying with him and his family. He wants me to take the 510 to the CARS AND COFFEE with him on Saturday morning. He said it should be fun to show up in a old econo box and park with the Bazzillion dollar sports cars.
defdes wrote:I'm not showing.... I can't stand around anywhere for 8 hours, but I'll be there.
I think you should show it John, if not please intruduce your self if you see me hanging around my car. That goes for any of the members here that show up. It is always nice to have a face with the name.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

nickledimeme wrote:He wants me to take the 510 to the CARS AND COFFEE with him on Saturday morning. He said it should be fun to show up in a old econo box and park with the Bazzillion dollar sports cars.
if we make it down to HB fri nite, we're going.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
Drive510

Post by Drive510 »

My self and my buddies will be coming up from San Diego for JCCS. This will be my first one. We might get together after the show, location unknown still at this point. I will not be showing and my car is not drivable but I'll be there. Not going to make it to Cars n Coffee. I work Sat morning.
http://www.drive510.blogspot.com/
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

nickledimeme wrote:
defdes wrote:I'm not showing.... I can't stand around anywhere for 8 hours, but I'll be there.
I think you should show it John, if not please intruduce your self if you see me hanging around my car. That goes for any of the members here that show up. It is always nice to have a face with the name.
Too late to show anyway, I'll find you, you won't be hard to miss. :)
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Huge show, and 510s were the most represented model by far - 61 510s was the announced total! Troy's green FJ Garage Autohero car took first for the 510s.

Lots of brilliant little Honda CVCCs - I wonder at what point in the last 30 years people started collecting and restoring those little boxes?

Mostly a Datsun, Toyota, Mazda, Honda show. A couple old Subarus, some mid-80s stuff on the asphalt (?), and an Acura Legend with an "old school" sticker on it :lol:

Good weather, freaked some people out with my SU SR, and we were right by the exit so we were out five minutes after the show ended.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

awesome show!
ill try to have my pix up tonite.

okayfine wrote:Mostly a ... Honda show...on the asphalt
:lol: :lol: :lol:

the civic trailer trio was 8)
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

nickledimeme wrote: if not please intruduce your self if you see me hanging around my car. That goes for any of the members here that show up. It is always nice to have a face with the name.
well, :evil: that didnt work out this time...
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

PICTURES???!
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

Great picture thread on Ratsun - THANKS MERLIN!

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Drive510

Post by Drive510 »

@ nickeldimeme Hey I stood around your car taking pics of your car at JCCS for a while. Wish I could have met you in person. Man, your car is super nice :shock: . Did motormavens just post an article on your ride??
http://www.drive510.blogspot.com/