'91 Nissan truck
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: NEW B.C. SPEEDING LAWS

Postby bertvorgon » 27 Nov 2010 08:48

yah, see this is the sort of crap I was worried about. 8-10 bright coloured 510's just cruising along, and some civilian or whatever makes some call that we were all speeding/racing/whatever.
As I said before, this whole new law requires a major shift for our drives. And I know of our whole group, I'm the one that has seen the BIG side of the speedo......no more. I have even taken my BIG carb off the car, and de tuned a few things, what's the point now, unless I/we are on the race track.
I think the "boys" are going to make some points here, over the next year, by selling off these cars, to use the BIG hammer. It will be interesting to see what they do with the Honda they caught on Vancouver Island, doing 220 on the Island Highway..it was the dad's car......
As my car has been my life's labour, I just could not imagine it being towed and sold...which is not going to be an issue.
That being said, the other day, I came off my usual off ramp, at 100 KMH, and then realized that the posted speed going off is 40 KMH...Holy Mother of God Crudmucker...I could get the BIG ticked scenario right there. There are so many areas, where it easy to be over, for those of us that tend to sift along at our own pace.
I think going south is not a bad idea, and I have already formulated a route, just to the east of Bellingham, and then maybe the Baker road again.
I dunno...just glad we had a GOLDEN AGE of our drives I guess, same with the old Boundry Bay site, a place where we could go to get some speed fix, at very low cost.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

gooned

Postby gooned » 27 Nov 2010 13:40

For several years now I have really missed going out for a club drive, life has not permitted me to go play :( -my descision. Now "the man" is making that descision for me :x , and even though I have no ride to go out with I am really bummed that it's gotten to this point. I guess I'll just stick to playing in Ol'yeller on the logging roads... :|

butters68
Supporter

Postby butters68 » 27 Nov 2010 14:59

well if you go for a drive and like to drive fast ,just do like 20 to 30 over the limit and you should be ok . :wink:
ding ding dong dong all night long long.

Byron510

Postby Byron510 » 27 Nov 2010 21:20

McShagger510 wrote:
Byron510 wrote: all car club gays are demons on the road

Oh realllllllllly! :lol:

Ok McShagger - you got me - my bad typing skills are obviously showing - spell check doesn't catch these types of mistakes.

I look forward to some drives to the south; there's a whole expanse of roads that I have not yet been on - sounds like fun to me. And hopefully we can be joined by our friends in the Seattle area here on the realm.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

mcdatsun

Postby mcdatsun » 04 Dec 2010 20:37

Not sure how to quote but Butters88
said
"well i guess its octoberslow now"

Why not move it back a month and have Slowvember?

///FiveOneOh

Postby ///FiveOneOh » 05 Dec 2010 00:44

So I got an SR20! was thinkin about putting it in my wagon! these laws are lame! I don't have an SR20 anymore! :evil:

jim.nos

Postby jim.nos » 06 Dec 2010 13:08

Risking sounding like an ass... It seems like this thread is a bunch of 510 owners sulking about.

Right now in BC, we have a very unique opportunity to reverse this legislation. The NDP are in a state of flux and the Liberal party is looking for a new leader. Not wanting to mention specific candidates but, Kevin Falcon and Carole Taylor both likely would change around the way that this draconian legislation works.

Current public safety minister, Rich Coleman, has been mulling changes to the new drink driving laws. Public safety critic Mike Farnworth also doesn't like them. If the restaurant and bar industry can lobby to potentially undo the drink driving law changes, why can't automobile enthusiasts and automobile clubs (except BCAA, who have far strayed from one of the original missions of the Royal Automobile Club) to the same for speed laws?

Personally, I have started to get involved with SENSE BC.

McShagger510

Postby McShagger510 » 06 Dec 2010 16:03

///FiveOneOh wrote:So I got an SR20! was thinkin about putting it in my wagon! these laws are lame! I don't have an SR20 anymore! :evil:

Hey Cam! Ya might want to lay off the coffee/cocaine/speedballs a bit! :shock:

James
Nothing ventured, nothing grained! - Benjamin Franklin

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

bertvorgon
Supporter

Postby bertvorgon » 06 Dec 2010 20:04

SULKING..... Whatever.......I don't think so! For one, those that have actually come on our drive's for the last 5 years of documented drives, at two a season, really understand what this stupid law means, for the type of driving we have been doing. I'm glad your getting involved, should I be...whatever..I'm tired of fighting for stuff. I have done that all my life now. Fought Slalom rules and the politics in that, for 25 years, fought for a new race track, tried for better slalom venues, Peace in the World, ( we see how well that has worked), fought to keep my favorite wilderness trail...UNDEVELOPED,, fought for what was right for my kids in school, blah, blah, blah and 40 years later...... As you have defined sulking, we are not being quiet, as this forum has shown, and as for getting involved in fighting that law, good on yah. I was one of the vocal ones on photo radar, stupid waste of money that was.
I'm still not going to let it stop me from driving my car,as the INSTANTANEOUS SPEED REDUCER, (to be used in conjuction with the VORGON DECELERATOR) that I am developing, will do the trick just fine. I just have no energy or will left to fight this type of crap, so more trips across the Border wil be in order. I could care less about a speeding ticket ( I've had a few of those.), what I do care about is losing my car.
This won't get changed, this is the response to the clammering that has been going on for years, for tuffer stuff. Yah, they fine tuned the drinking thing, so that meter gives a positive warn, that is not in question. Personally..I don't drink and drive, so I could care less on that one. And, I'm sure there are those that think going over ANY posted speed, should get a bullet to the brain.....
They will NEVER go after the real root of the problem..that is too politically sensitive....BAD/POOR DRIVERS and EDUCATION, or...the lack therof.
Maybe I was lucky, I had a Dad that really knew how to drive, and then I lucked out in taking up Motorsport, and REALLY learned to drive..AND BE ALERT. When I think that I was an Instructor in my bloody 20's, and saw what other young people came into the schools with..HOLY SHIT! And we all know what we see on a daily basis out there..HOLY SHIT!
Lemme know if you need a donation for your fight...that I can still do....
Attachments
clown.gif
clown.gif (45.26 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

defdes
Supporter

Postby defdes » 06 Dec 2010 20:29

bertvorgon wrote:SULKING.....
They will NEVER go after the real root of the problem..that is too politically sensitive....BAD/POOR DRIVERS and EDUCATION, or...the lack therof.
.... I lucked out in taking up Motorsport, and REALLY learned to drive..AND BE ALERT. When I think that I was an Instructor in my bloody 20's, and saw what other young people came into the schools with..HOLY SHIT! And we all know what we see on a daily basis out there..HOLY SHIT!

This is a terrific point. I can't tell you the number of times people who I race with have said that the skills, vision and reaction time that was developed on the track has helped them avoid real life catastrophe in "real world" driving conditions.

RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Postby RONSLYCHUK » 06 Dec 2010 20:48

Well said Keith,I totally agree with the point that you are making.Every day I just shake my head in disbelief at the drivers that are out there on the roads.How some of them got their drivers license I will never know.

Byron510

Postby Byron510 » 06 Dec 2010 23:26

I still think making people take the existing drivers test every 5 years when they have to renew their license would be a very positive step in the right direction. I should contact my own MLA and suggest this. She used to be federal, and is now provincial. Be worth a visit.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

Return to “Events”