Are the meetings still @ Me-n-Ed’s Pizza in Burnaby?

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
GTstyle

Are the meetings still @ Me-n-Ed’s Pizza in Burnaby?

Post by GTstyle » 06 Jul 2004 11:18

I was trying to invite a 510 owner to the monthly meets, but remembered @ the AGM there was talk of it going to different people's houses each month.
So is this Saturday @ Me-n-Ed’s Pizza in Burnaby or else where?

IIRC he said he has a '72, but it's not currentely insured (are they ever :P ).

I told him of this site, so hopefully he'll sign up.

supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan » 06 Jul 2004 12:56

This months meeting is hopefully going to be the last one at Me-N-Ed's for a while, if not ever. It was proposed at the AGM that we ditch the pizza joint and return to the member's houses. Already we have the next two months lined up; August is at Malcolm McQueen's and September is at Mike Atkinson's, IIRC...

But for this Saturday the 10th of July, we WILL be meeting at Me-N-Ed's. See you there, 7pm!

GTstyle

Post by GTstyle » 06 Jul 2004 14:39

You might want to go over the site & remove any references to Me-N-Ed's now so that any newcomers won't think that the Aug and later meets may be held there.
Here in club infois 1 place to start since it states "Our monthly meetings are held at 7pm on the second Saturday of each month at Me-n-Ed’s Pizza in Burnaby."

Also you may want to start posting the members houses' address's in advance so people can plan to attend cerrtain meetings if the following months meeting is to far from them or vice versa.

Doing my best as a non 510 owner/member to increase the membership though :lol: .

supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan » 06 Jul 2004 16:22

Good call on the updates Mike... For info, all the "official" club news is in the newsletter... Included every month is a calendar of events, with details about each upcoming meeting. And all paying members get the newsletter, :wink: and it's open to any owners and/or enthusiasts of the 1968-73 Datsun 510! :D

GTstyle

Post by GTstyle » 07 Jul 2004 00:08

supersportsedan wrote:... For info, all the "official" club news is in the newsletter... Included every month is a calendar of events, with details about each upcoming meeting. And all paying members get the newsletter,
But when I'm trying to add in a new member, he won't have the newsletter :roll: .

If I make contact w/ him before Saturday I'll see if he's able to come out for the meet. He said he'd feel silly showing up w/o his 510 though. So I told him how I've been welcomed in & I don't even have a 510 (yet :wink: ).

rnorrish

Post by rnorrish » 08 Jul 2004 00:18

I don't think posting any members home location on here is a smart idea...
I like my car right where it is...
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.

GTstyle

Post by GTstyle » 08 Jul 2004 00:46

rnorrish wrote:I don't think posting any members home location on here is a smart idea...
Then how do you let new members know where the next meet is? :roll:

The people that wanted the meets changed from a neutral venue must expect that their address will have to be posted so that people will attend.

rnorrish

Post by rnorrish » 08 Jul 2004 01:01

posted in the newsletter - fine. it's somewhat controlled.

the forum - not so cool. anyone can read the posts.

ask anyone, especially Malcolm (even Byron) how easy someone can get into a 510....move it across a parking lot, the street, or the city.

maybe private posts to serious inquirers...
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.

supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan » 08 Jul 2004 03:56

Mike, come to the meeting on saturday, and we can discuss... bring your friends, and tell them to bring $40! :D

Byron510

Post by Byron510 » 08 Jul 2004 07:04

I'm for posting the meetings only in a newsletter as well - Richard has a good point, besides, people who really want to be part of it all will join the club anyway so it's not an issue.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

GTstyle

Post by GTstyle » 08 Jul 2004 09:51

Byron510 wrote: people who really want to be part of it all will join the club anyway so it's not an issue.
I'm too poor to join :oops: , but I like the 510's so can I still be kept "in the loop"? :lol:

5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN » 08 Jul 2004 10:22

Hey Paul, Do you have the address for Malcolms in this coming newsletter? Also - I have to edit something in the first paragraph of the writeup i sent you....
Spencer

supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan » 08 Jul 2004 11:15

GTstyle wrote:
Byron510 wrote: people who really want to be part of it all will join the club anyway so it's not an issue.
I'm too poor to join :oops: , but I like the 510's so can I still be kept "in the loop"? :lol:
Sure! And before you know it, you will sell your collection of audi's and buy a sweet 510.
5teN wrote:Hey Paul, Do you have the address for Malcolms in this coming newsletter? Also - I have to edit something in the first paragraph of the writeup i sent you....
Blast! It's already at the printers!!!

J/K, I still have it... but I'm on the way out the door to get it printed... so call me 8)

wtf

Post by wtf » 08 Jul 2004 18:11

Byron510 wrote:I'm for posting the meetings only in a newsletter as well - Richard has a good point, besides, people who really want to be part of it all will join the club anyway so it's not an issue.
The thing about it being at Me&Eds was that anyone and everyone was invited and anyone could find the place... If it's ONLY going to be in the newsletter deal alot of new comers won't come.

I like the idea of it being at peoples houses rather then Me&Eds... But alot of new people won't like it. I find that alot of people are scared to even come to Me&Eds... With it being at peoples houses... I'm thinking alot less people will be joining.

Byron510

Post by Byron510 » 08 Jul 2004 19:02

The club grew to 160 members in the mid 90's, and all meetings were held at roving members houses every month. As far as new members go, we there's always the phone, and there's always the net.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.