Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
hang_510
Supporter

Re: Canby 2011

Post by hang_510 »

1 week :!: June 11/12th
you can make it :mrgreen:

http://www.datsunsnw.org/
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

goichi1 wrote:what are the dates for this, has it happened yet?? just got back to WA today.

June 10-11th next weekend
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Holy shit, I might be able to make that in the coupe!! Going to pick it up today!!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I made some pretty good progress on the Bronze this past weekend, and I'm entertaining the thought of driving down to Canby on Saturday to take in the show. I took Friday off work so that I can get the longer wheel studs on the car, and go find some kind of air cleaner and attachment method to get something on the intake and slow down the ingestion of gravel into the motor. If this all gets done Friday, then I might be able to make the drive.

So, who's headed down from the north, and when is your departure time?

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I might go too, but dont think I can stay for both days, though I would like to....maybe we could meet out on I5 somewhere??
Tessmobile

Post by Tessmobile »

Byron

Good luck in sorting out your car on Friday. It'll be great to see you in Canby. There are 4 of the Island crew headed south, though at different times. I'm headed out on the 10:30 ferry to PT Angeles this morning.

Did you ever make any progress on our project?

Cheers
Greg
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

I am heading down Byron. Leaving Thursday, stopping in Everett for the night, Then to Canby Friday
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I don't think I'll be ready to go before Saturday am from Vancouver.
I'm headed over to my shop now - since the Nucks are down 3-0, I'll listen to the rest of the game on the radio, and get a start on installing those longer wheel studs tonight. I'll know if the studs that I have will fit this evening so that I can make solid plans from there. I’ll try at least one on the front, one in the back just to know for sure that the knurl is the right OD.

I called Jim at Overseas Auto; he's got some bits in stock so that I can build some piping to some sort of air cleaner. I think I'll need a 45 degree elbow and a union to connect the TB to a cone type air cleaner behind the headlight. I'll do this on Friday after I finish getting the wheel studs in. Besides, there'll be another game on Friday night, with the Nucks back here in Vancouver.

Keep you posted. If all goes well I'll be departing Vancouver on Saturday am, passing though Seattle around 11am to noon I'd think.

Byron
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

Byron510 wrote:I don't think I'll be ready to go before Saturday am from Vancouver.
I'm headed over to my shop now - since the Nucks are down 3-0, I'll listen to the rest of the game on the radio, and get a start on installing those longer wheel studs tonight. I'll know if the studs that I have will fit this evening so that I can make solid plans from there. I’ll try at least one on the front, one in the back just to know for sure that the knurl is the right OD.

I called Jim at Overseas Auto; he's got some bits in stock so that I can build some piping to some sort of air cleaner. I think I'll need a 45 degree elbow and a union to connect the TB to a cone type air cleaner behind the headlight. I'll do this on Friday after I finish getting the wheel studs in. Besides, there'll be another game on Friday night, with the Nucks back here in Vancouver.

Keep you posted. If all goes well I'll be departing Vancouver on Saturday am, passing though Seattle around 11am to noon I'd think.

Byron
I'm bringing the Laptop to watch the game on Friday. Found a website that u can watch the game for free.
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Leaving Friday 7:45 am Tug
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I got wheel studs in one front and one rear, so I know the studs I have will work, and the process of installing them isn’t so bad. I'll be able to finish Friday, and hit the road Saturday am, hit the border by 8:30, through Seattle by 11 to 11:30ish...

Anyone hitting the road then?

Byron
Ash510

Post by Ash510 »

how long of a drive is that Byron , and are you staying overnight
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Ash510 wrote:how long of a drive is that Byron , and are you staying overnight
Eh Aron - it's about 6 hours from the border - and yes I'll be doing an overnight - interested?

There is a aswap meet on the Saturday, then the show on Sunday...

Byron
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

Byron510 wrote:
Eh Aron - it's about 6 hours from the border - and yes I'll be doing an overnight - interested?

Byron

I am current DOA in Everett. Turned the car off at hotel, that was it ! Dist cap center probe was burned off, replaced cap and rotor, when i pulled the plug wire on #1, the inner crimp came right off ! Replaced all that. Car still won't fire think its flooded. Try again later.
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

ajen68510 wrote:
Byron510 wrote:

Byron

I am current DOA in Everett. Turned the car off at hotel, that was it ! Dist cap center probe was burned off, replaced cap and rotor, when i pulled the plug wire on #1, the inner crimp came right off ! Replaced all that. Car still won't fire think its flooded. Try again later.

We are back on the road !