BC Drives

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
caesarDX

Re: BC Drives

Post by caesarDX » 06 Feb 2012 19:33

S15DET wrote:I think I've told you this before, but if you ever want to sell that Ren-alt please have me on the contact list.
I will. They come up for sale in the states once in a while. The key is to get one that is Not Modified. These cars were
not meant to be modified. They got it reasonably right the first time. As in any older car, if it is driven and maintained
it will be alot better than not driven. Recently, there was one that sold for cheap and the owner was struggling with the
car because it had been modified. Mine is bone stock except for the exhaust, seats and steering wheel. I am getting a
stock exhaust being built for the car over in England right now. It will be better than what I have on there now.

If you get a chance to find one in decent shape, jump at it. Cars that are set up for california emissions are worth alot
of $$$. Tire choices are difficult b/c they used TRX Michelins Metric on stock rims (as in the pic) , if you have the 13"
Gotti wheels - good luck finding the right tire. Probably will have to buy Avon race tires. If you have 15" gotti wheels
you might be able to find some Yokohamas that will fit. There are less than 200 of these cars in North America.

This one was for sale last year. Pristine shape. Expensive.

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/04/29/con ... -turbo-ii/

Sorry to hijack the thread... :D
1984 Renault R5 Turbo2 - L' Enfant Terrible
1989 E30 M3 "God's Chariot"
1970 KA24DE 4dr - Sold to a good home.
2001 Renault Clio V6 Phase 1
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur … hopefully soon.

Byron510

Post by Byron510 » 06 Feb 2012 23:05

caesarDX wrote:Byron,

How's the family and the Bronze..? (in that order)

Leo
Family is doing well, kids are growing like weeds. The Bronze simply got “put away” this winter –honestly haven’t looked at it. Main focus – the Greg Terry Memorial Car – I really want to see it on the road this year. The goal was the spring show, but I don’t think that’s realistic right now. But I’m going for it anyways. But hey, thanks for asking. Come spring, we won’t turn away the R5 :D hope to see you out, stay tuned for an announcement.

Byron

Now back to BC Drives...
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 07 Feb 2012 15:57

Looks like Kennedy Lake with just enough room for two car widths on the cliff face. Been to Tofino 3-4 times for work and enjoy the drive but it's not for the commute mentality. You'd better have your coffee. Which reminds me I have to get the 710 sedan out of mothballs in the next week or so. I have to go to a wedding in Tofino and want to put a few miles on her so there's no surprises.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

Byron510

Post by Byron510 » 07 Feb 2012 19:24

datzenmike wrote:
Looks like Kennedy Lake with just enough room for two car widths on the cliff face.
That's exactly where I was - and you're not wrong on the width of the road. I'd love to see two old geezers in RV's going opposite directions on that bit of road meeting at this point -would be a laugh.

Very much looking forward to the driving season - getting antsy already!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike » 07 Feb 2012 19:37

A BC ambulance lost control there last fall and went over the edge, not a good outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1yM2TpXv1Q
Last edited by datzenmike on 07 Feb 2012 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak » 07 Feb 2012 20:03

The stretch around Kennedy lake gets crazy in the summer,RVs tacky tourists,commuters,bears ,makes for an interesting drive :lol:

ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 » 15 Feb 2012 20:17

I both love and i hate the road to Tofino. Love to take the Dime on it. But i lost 5 friends to it in the 80's and 90's. It makes me uneasy driving it. + as Byron stated the mirad of Winnabago's is non stop in summer.

bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon » 16 Feb 2012 05:09

That is the PROBLEM with most of our good drive roads these days.

One of my all time favorite drives was Campbell River to Gold River, or, Campbell River to Myra Falls. But unless you did it in the middle of the night, it was camper and fishermen hell. At least the ore trucks kinda tried to stay on their side of the road :shock: .

Which is why we leave before the crack of dawn for most of our drives.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer