Anything going on around Georgia

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
JDM_510

Anything going on around Georgia

Post by JDM_510 » 22 Feb 2012 10:07

Finally got my 510 on the road....now off to meet some of you experts out there...what's going on this summer in the South East?

okayfine
Supporter

Re: Anything going on around Georgia

Post by okayfine » 22 Feb 2012 10:50

One thread down...
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

JDM_510

Post by JDM_510 » 22 Feb 2012 10:55

Not sure I'm up for a 10hr drive quite yet...

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 22 Feb 2012 11:00

Uh-oh. Now you're going to hear about it from the family that drives from Canada...

The SPEC510 meet is the big yearly deal on the East Coast. Since everyone is scattered, they make up for it with the one big gathering/camping/track-driving event.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

JDM_510

Post by JDM_510 » 22 Feb 2012 11:16

I'm kinda new to the 510s, but I was part of the Kawasaki Concours Owners Group for quite awhile...we had guys like that. One came from ALASKA, on a motorcycle, to North Carolina..

Would I get flamed if I brought it in on a trailer....(NEVER EVER DO THIS AT A CONCOURS RALLY, YOU'LL NEVER LIVE IT DOWN)

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 22 Feb 2012 13:27

My impression of the SPEC guys is that they will make fun of you, but they'd rather you trailered it and made the event than didn't come. By the first bonfire, they'll have forgiven you. Just hope Dave Patten doesn't show, else he'll entertain you with his story of driving his GT4 race car from NH to the track.