Monday Oct. 8th - Thanksgiving Sea to Sky Run - Vancover BC

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
owdlvr

Monday Oct. 8th - Thanksgiving Sea to Sky Run - Vancover BC

Post by owdlvr »

The Tradition Continues!

Monday morning on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend is a time to ‘give thanks’ for a great summer of classic motoring. All classic car owners, and car enthusiasts, are invited out for an early morning run from North Vancouver to Galileo Coffee in Britannia Beach. This is a quick, local, (free) and fun meetup to “give thanks” for another fine season of motoring.

What
A casual cruise and meetup with fellow classic car owners of all pre-’79 marques and types. Drive the best part of the Sea-to-Sky Highway on a quiet holiday morning, and enjoy the company of classic car nuts before you have to head off to the in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner! We plan it so that you can be back home by midday. The drive starts in North Vancouver, with a destination of Galileo Coffee in Britannia Beach on the Sea to Sky highway. Enjoy a coffee or breakfast and the company of fellow car nuts and then return home at your leisure (or continue on to Squamish or Whistler if you wish). In previous years we have seen between 30 to 70 cars join us on the run, with everything from rusty-projects to Pebble Beach Talbots enjoying the drive.

Who
Traditionally Classic Car Adventure's limits our events to '79 and earlier vehicles, but if you have a later car which is destined to be a classic...we certainly won't turn you away. If you're a classic car enthusiast, come out and join us!

When
Thanksgiving Monday, October 8th, 2012 8:30-11:30am. Meet at Superstore at 8:30, depart for Britannia Beach at 9:00am.

Where
Meeting at 8:30am in the North Vancouver Superstore parking lot, near the north end of the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge. Gather in the northeast corner, near the gas station, or wherever there is parking available. A Map can be found here: http://goo.gl/maps/Ty80r We will be departing this location at 9:00am in convoy to our destination at Galileo Coffee in Britannia Beach on the Sea to Sky highway.

If you miss the start, or just want to meet us in Britannia Beach, here is our destination: http://goo.gl/maps/kBZYC

Food Bank Donations
Each year we collect food bank donations once we arrive at Galileo Coffee. We would really appreciate it if you brought an item or two to benefit the Squamish Food Bank.

-Dave
--
Organizer - Classic Car Adventures
Home of the Spring Thaw, Rush to Gold Bridge and Fall Freeze Events
http://www.classiccaradventures.com
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Monday Oct. 8th - Thanksgiving Sea to Sky Run - Vancover

Post by bertvorgon »

I might just tag along, see how it goes.

picture from 2010 cruise.
Attachments
IMGP0887 (Medium).JPG
IMGP0887 (Medium).JPG (240.22 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Isabel and I will tag along,for sure!
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

I have to work Monday ....
Jason
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

So........
Attachments
IMGP0892 (Medium).JPG
IMGP0892 (Medium).JPG (142.33 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I'm cooking a turkey Monday, but I might be able to get it in the oven and meet you out there for the departure, then I'll come back home -see how it goes.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

ooo sounds fun!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Hey guys – I won’t be making it in the am to see you for this run - had a bit of a mechanical issue today - see my thread... have fun, it's going to be a gorgeous morning. I'll be thinning of you while stuffing a turkey in the oven.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.