2013 Club Christmas Party - Dec 21, Surrey BC

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Byron510

2013 Club Christmas Party - Dec 21, Surrey BC

Post by Byron510 »

We're actually planning our Christmas Party closer to Christmas this year.
Aron and his family have once again graciously donated their home in Surrey as a venue. Open to all classic Datsun Enthusiasts, we'll start gathering around 6:30 or so. The usual spread of appies will be supplied. However if you want to bring something to contribute this year, that would be great. Just let Aron or I know what you have in mind. Please let us know if you are planning to attend and whether you're brining a spouse of any offspring just so we can get numbers.
This event has been at Aron's place for so long it's almost become tradition. We thank Aron and his lovely wife and his sons for their gracious support over the years.
There are quite a few Realm members from the Lower Mainland who we’ve not yet met. Please come on out and join us, we look forward to seeing you there. All Datsun enthusiasts are welcome to this family event.

Byron and Aron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Ash510

Re: 2013 Club Christmas Party - Dec 21, Surrey BC

Post by Ash510 »

We will need to start getting in touch with people to see how much food we will need. My wife always goes over the top.

I hope to see everyone out for the party.

Aron
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

Mandy and I will be there, looking forward to it
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Hey guys,Isabel and I will be attending the festivitities! See you there. Ron.
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

I'll be there and will try to get Joao to come along too. :) :D

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

Pops and I are planning to attend.
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
Ash510

Post by Ash510 »

thanks for the replies, Byron and I are going to do a call out this week to make sure that everyone
has all the info. looks like it will be another great turn out, for food and drinks with the 510 group.
I am now starting to get excited.

Aron
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Ash510 wrote:thanks for the replies, Byron and I are going to do a call out this week to make sure that everyone
has all the info. looks like it will be another great turn out, for food and drinks with the 510 group.
I am now starting to get excited.

Aron
Just curious, do you get to drive your cars over to the party, or is it snowing up there? Or do you drive in the snow?
Wish I could crash this one!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
msaunders
Supporter

Post by msaunders »

Hi Byron/Aron
Pending work, I would like to stop by
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Right now it is snowing lightly at my place, 25F. approx for you Yanks.

Most of us take our DD street vehicle's, everything is put away.

There is so much salt on the road to my work, even my Honda Odyssey starting screaming..... NOOOOO.... when I headed down the street...then, it is predicted to rain in a few days...which then becomes an "ocean" of salt WATER on the road, thus ensuring that every nook and cranny of your vehicle is well percolated with the said salt water....

I am now starting to peak with my Sad suffering, just wanting to eat and sleep, and never leave the house, content to turn to mental mush by 11:00 am in the morning, dreaming of the sun and warmth, and boost, heading down to Winthrop again......

That being said, Jason and Robyn drive their 510's everywhere, all the time.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

bertvorgon wrote:Right now it is snowing lightly at my place, 25F. approx for you Yanks.

Most of us take our DD street vehicle's, everything is put away.

There is so much salt on the road to my work, even my Honda Odyssey starting screaming..... NOOOOO.... when I headed down the street...then, it is predicted to rain in a few days...which then becomes an "ocean" of salt WATER on the road, thus ensuring that every nook and cranny of your vehicle is well percolated with the said salt water....

I am now starting to peak with my Sad suffering, just wanting to eat and sleep, and never leave the house, content to turn to mental mush by 11:00 am in the morning, dreaming of the sun and warmth, and boost, heading down to Winthrop again......

That being said, Jason and Robyn drive their 510's everywhere, all the time.
Thanks for the insight Keith, you guys will figure prominently in my trieste on why Canadians are so dang happy! :wink: (510s, friends and family of course!!)
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Know that a bunch of us here are wracking our brains as to how to get down to California for the "Really Big Shew", we would love to meet all you people.

The distance is just too crazy to drive in our Modded 510's, some 2,500 miles round trip. Not that the cars would not do it, just that it would beat us up big time. After our 500 mile days, we are DONE!

As I sit here in my Igloo, seal oil lamp blazing away, faithful sled dog "Musher" at my side, I stare out at the Northern Lights, who's glow lights up the moose crossing my yard, running from the howl of the wolves out my back door, and I wonder..." Any of you yanks have a transporter you would like to drive up and get us?" We can pay in great Canadian beer.......
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
proflex
Supporter

Post by proflex »

Im 50 50 at the moment, but hoping to attend ... :)
In just two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

bertvorgon wrote:Know that a bunch of us here are wracking our brains as to how to get down to California for the "Really Big Shew", we would love to meet all you people.

The distance is just too crazy to drive in our Modded 510's, some 2,500 miles round trip. Not that the cars would not do it, just that it would beat us up big time. After our 500 mile days, we are DONE!

As I sit here in my Igloo, seal oil lamp blazing away, faithful sled dog "Musher" at my side, I stare out at the Northern Lights, who's glow lights up the moose crossing my yard, running from the howl of the wolves out my back door, and I wonder..." Any of you yanks have a transporter you would like to drive up and get us?" We can pay in great Canadian beer.......
WOW, your getting a log of mileage out of that one Bert :D

All last week while I was hearing about snow in Texas, the citrus crop in California being destroyed and storms up and down the east coast...all the while it's been sunny and cool here in southern BC, but no snow. We'll yesterday we find ally got some, barely enough to turn the ground white, but enough to sort of justify rose winter skins I always buy for the daily vehicle.

Joel, I also drive Ole Blue all year around - albeit selectively. When there is salt and moisture on the roads, she stays home. It's truly a Sunday only driver, but if the roads are in any way degrading to the car, my usual 20 minute drive to the workshop turns into a 45 minute bus ride. I'm lucky to have the options, really. Service is roughly ever 30 minutes, so I just make sure the iPod is warmed up.

When I paint Ole Blue, I'll need another beater again. Cross that bridge when I get there.

BTW, I did a call out this past week of half of the old roster, looking to have a good turn out again and the usual wide cross section and age group that we expect at such an event. I look forward to seeing the group in a couple weeks.
Joel, there's space at the inn....

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I cannot make it this year, in trying to get all my family together for Betty's birthday, it has worked out that it will be the 21st.

Let's all collectively dream of hot summer days, winding roads, the feel of "G" forces, and the camaraderie that goes with these trips.

Look forward to seeing you all in the New Year, and let's plan the epic road trip down to Winthrop and up to the Okanogan.

Keith Law