First drive of the year

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: First drive of the year

Post by bertvorgon »

Wow, is it going to be nuclear this weekend. Richard, have you driven the Duffy Lake road?

Lillooet weather is supposed to be in the mid 30's on Sunday, same with Pemberton and Whistler.

What kind of day do you want to do?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Lillooet might be a bit far for me, especially considering the Temperatures. I'd be happy just to go as far as Whistler or Pemberton. There's a great restaurant in Pemberton called the Mile One. Might be a good place for lunch.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I kind of like to cruise and take in the sights these days. Stop for Coffee and an Ice Cream at at Britannia etc. Not big on doing long grinds anymore.
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

Hope to get my green machine up & running this weekend…..so maybe…..
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

bertvorgon wrote:Sure, it's ONLY 5,732 miles round trip, with only 250 gallons of fuel used ( 23 MPG )

I think I'll put that on my bucket list...would be neat though!
And? I've driven from Cali to NH 3x's and drive from NH to the Virginia's every year with an occasional jaunt to NC in my 510. Granted it's less than 5k miles but it's a great drive.

Lou "You build it to drive or sit?
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Lunch in Pemberton it is then, with some photo ops on the way there and back.
This will be a good test of my rad coming back through Vancouver on Knight street.

Seeing as it is really just a local type drive, no need to leave stupidly early, I would maybe leave the plant at 8:00 AM, meet with you at the top of Taylor way, at that church. Going to be busy on that highway anyhow, what with a nice weekend predicted, so it 's just a cruise anyhow.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Sounds good Keith. Not sure where the Church is. I'd be coming straight out the #1. How about meeting up at the Truck Brake check on the Upper levels? How long from the plant to where we meet do you figure. 30 minutes?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yah, the brake check is a good spot.

It takes me about 30 - 40 minutes from the plant, traffic should not be too bad on Knight at that time of the morning. I should be there by 8:30 - 8:45.

We can lunch in Pemberton, then stop for ice cream in Britania Beach. I have a customer there, we could check out his store.

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Awesome..see you there.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I am so looking forward to a drive, just to see the sights, etc..

I will fuel up the car later today and check the plugs, I think I have 7's in there, might put a fresh set of 8's in there.

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I'm cleaning up some wiring on the AC... switching over to Deutsch connectors to fix some loose connections, new W/Washer pump, have a bit of tuning to do on Dizzy, couple of Interior panels to put back in place, Wash and maybe Wax and the Z is good to go.

Yeah...should be an awesome drive. It'll be nice to drive the Sea to Sky without having to do a running commentary for 50 Tourists and unload luggage at the end of the Trip :lol:
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I waxed mine before I took it for appraisal, so I should be good for an additional 20 MPH!

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

31C in Pemberton today, which is virtually 88F., nice. Still looking to be 33C {91F} on Sunday.

Gassed up the car today with the last of 2014 Avgas, so cool that Avgas has a huge shelf life.

I'm so glad I can roll down the passenger window now, one of the best retro mods I have done.

Last time we did the Duffy lake tour, I saw 112 F INSIDE the car, that was HOT!!!!!

Keith Law
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

see ya at the plant
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

So... up till 2:00 AM working on possessed AC system on the Z. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Finally got to bed at 3:30 AM. Up at 6:30 AM to pickup some parts at Mail Boxes International. Stop at Don Wests to drop off his E-Bay Electric Power Steering conversion for his 510. Watch F1 quali at Dons.

Get home around 1:00 PM, have lunch and start work on Z again. Decide to wash car first. It was pretty dirty. My " poor aching back " amount of time later, Z is all bright and sparkly. Hop in car and decide to try AC. Of course it's working fine now. I figure the problem was it was just PO'd at me cause it was dirty. Fix a couple of more minor things, including cleaning out the Rad overflow bottle with Oven Cleaner, because I grabbed the wrong plastic jug at night and put about 1/2 liter of dirty oil in the reservoir instead of Coolant. Image

Then I got REALLY possessed and decided to clean the adhesive " Gunk " off the passenger window. Long story... but it's taken me about a year to clean the " Gunk" off of two windows.

Now I just have to fuel car and check tire pressures. But I'm going to have a nice cool shower first and some Dinner. Oh yeah.. have to reset ignition timing... must remember to do that. Will probably remember at around 3:00 AM Image